Astra Owners Network banner

961 - 980 of 1017 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #962
Looking good Charlie

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk
Cheers Dov, just the Water& Meth to be fitted after SCS but good to be finally getting some of the cosmetic stuff done.

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #964
I knew u would go for that at some point bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't fully understand what it did or the benefits, I put a shiny welded manifold on and clean hybrid turbo, all the oil and vapour is now through the catch can so its only clean air going through the turbo, intercooler and manifold. The w&m seemingly cleans the pistons etc and keeps it that way, it will be on a switch so on demand for any spirited driving - Mike reckons a result somewhere between 270 and 290 with the torque staying at 580nm ish

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #965
Freshened up the black paint on the dbilas filter and picked the letters out in blue to match the rest.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Knowing u as well as I do, there won’t be anything missed out either

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #969
For some reason that even Courtenay Sport don't understand the dap-r springs were stupidly low especially the rears, they had no issue swapping them for KW estate springs, it sits a lot better now and is much more comfortable - when all this was going on I got a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs for a very good price and will fit them for comparison, if they are no use I will keep the KW's and sell the Eibachs.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Did you poly bush the subframe while it was off? I eventually want to get mine done!

Strange that the DAPs sat so low at the rear? Mine have been great over the last 2 years.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Think it’s the extra weight of the estate/van over the 3 door that causes the massive drop, poly bushing is a better idea while it’s off
Need to get a wee meet again @tye_time

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #973
It still has the old bushes in, kept them in so the powder wouldn't make the hole smaller, got caught with that when the rarb was done, the new powerflex bushes will be fitted along with the radiator ones- once the brackets are on the right way lol - they were powdercoated separately and the guys just stuck them back on.
I was surprised with the dap-r as well.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #974
Newly painted gloss black trims fitted, just need the heater control which is getting blue smd's

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
I thought you were going to swap the facia on the heater control bud

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Think it’s the extra weight of the estate/van over the 3 door that causes the massive drop, poly bushing is a better idea while it’s off
Need to get a wee meet again @tye_time

Yeah true, they aren't really meant for the vans the DAPs. I know, no-one seems interested in doing anything anymore

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Yeah true, they aren't really meant for the vans the DAPs. I know, no-one seems interested in doing anything anymore
Iv been talking to Andy more often, but haven’t had the chance to meet up with him, and iv been in Aberdeen most weeks which doesn’t help, but will sort something

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #978
Got the heater controls fitted so final pic of it all finished.

961 - 980 of 1017 Posts