Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
A.O.N - Club Member - aka RoaGee
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve finally decided to bite the bullet and begin an actual semi decent progress thread! I’ll try and update this thread everytime I’ve done something interesting enough for me to write about!

Before I get started I just want to thank near enough everyone on this site for inspiring me! Without you the car would still be standard :( Will hopefully be bringing myself to some meets soon now that the car is finally looking respectable!! :lol:
Also, HUGE thanks/shoutout to Ahyd21, Stealth, Muzza80 and Sri_mike - main reason the car is how it is today, much appreciated guys! ;)

Enough of all that soppy ****! HERE GOES!

This is my first car! It started off life as a bog standard 1.6 sxi :( got plenty of pics but I don’t honestly know why anyone would want to see them :lol:

After seeing the astra's on aon i began thinking. Thinking lead to doing. Doing lead to money wasting. Money wasting started my REAL adventure with the car! :thumbs:

First couple of things I did:

• Piano black interior
  • Blue footwell LEDs
  • Burg doorcards all round!
  • FK angel eyes
  • Basic install (15” sub and amp)
The car stayed like this for ages for a number of reasons. The main reason being this:

Yep :( car was broken into. Definitely one of the most horrible feelings you can experience with your first car but hey yo I still had the car and to be honest that’s all that mattered ( glass half full kinda guy you see ;) ) I bought a window from a breakers yard and fitted it MYSELF - the hardest 3 hours of my life but I managed it eventually :lol: (might have had a little help from my dad but that’s not the story im telling...)
After seeing so many pictures of cars with spacers I decided to buy some 20mm ones just for lolz. When I seen them on the car I loved them at first but they stuck out too much causing the tyres to rub when the car was full and going over bumps etc etc etc

This is how it looked and stayed for months! :lol:

Then I FINALLY bit the bullet and decided to start properly on the exterior! The first main thing I did was the XP kit!! Definitely the best mod you can do to a mk5! List of all the moddage that followed:

• Penta’s
  • FINALLY DEBADGED IT!! :rofl: After a year and a half! :eek:
  • XP kit
  • Smoothed front bumper
  • Opel OPC front grill
  • Leon Cupra R front splitter :p
  • Eyebrows - which were initially just a test but decided to stick with them as they look sweet!
  • Smoothed rear bumper
  • Centre exit VXR exhaust with the silencer removed - nothing too loud!
  • Rear arches rolled to finally accommodate the spacers!!
  • Team Heko wind deflectors
RESULT! Here is how the car is currently sitting! Enjoy ;)

Got faar too many mods that I’m currently in the process of completing - so not going to list any! Obviously including the suspension as it is still on stilts :( As you can probably see from the pictures, speedbumps aren’t an issue - MY DAMN DRIVEWAY IS!! Good news though, the driveway is getting redone which means I can finally lower the car :yippee:

Will keep you lot updated!

Well done on making it this far :D

PEACE!

·
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice car :thumbs: I really like the Cupra splitter, but with my car on sportines already it's going be way to low, like the centre section as well looks good on the xp kit, keep up the modding
Cheers man ;) much appreciated :p

I've got the total opposite problem lol, cupra splitter is on but can't go lower (for now) :lol:

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
You know what? My car is the same colour, and I've been planning on doing an OPC grille with the OPC Line badge exactly how you've done it for a while, but never seen that exact combination.

I think I just creamed myself. That is something sexual and I can't wait to get my VXR bumper sprayed and get the OPC grille fitted :mrgreen:

Car is looking awesome (Y)

·
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know what? My car is the same colour, and I've been planning on doing an OPC grille with the OPC Line badge exactly how you've done it for a while, but never seen that exact combination.

I think I just creamed myself. That is something sexual and I can't wait to get my VXR bumper sprayed and get the OPC grille fitted :mrgreen:

Car is looking awesome (Y)
Really? I thought most people had the opc line badge on the grill! Actually i'm thinking about the vxr one...:D It was on it when i bought it off Murray ;) Looked really nice so i left it on :thumbs:

Also, thanks a lot!! Your car would look BEAST with a vxr front bumper! I look forward to reading about it!

·
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How did you roll the aches though the astras arches where all ready flat?

Car looks very nice mate
Thanks man ;)

I had the flat part of the arch pushed out around 5mm maybe - can't remember exactly! but it was enough for the tyre to be perfectly inline with the arch rather than sticking out!

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Really? I thought most people had the opc line badge on the grill! Actually i'm thinking about the vxr one...:D It was on it when i bought it off Murray ;) Looked really nice so i left it on :thumbs:

Also, thanks a lot!! Your car would look BEAST with a vxr front bumper! I look forward to reading about it!
I've seen one or two with it on the grille, but not many... but I've never seen a moonland car with a black OPC grille with the OPC Line badge. I've seen moonland with a moonland OPC grille, and black with a black OPC grille & badge, but never your exact combination, which is exactly what I'm after :)

Mine is well overdue getting the bumper sorted. Been almost a year since the little incident where I acquired the crack and lost my lower grille. Picked up a VXR bumper on Tuesday, just need to get it sprayed, find an OPC grille and get the 5 door fitting kit. Hopefully next month it'll be all fitted :mrgreen:

·
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've seen one or two with it on the grille, but not many... but I've never seen a moonland car with a black OPC grille with the OPC Line badge. I've seen moonland with a moonland OPC grille, and black with a black OPC grille & badge, but never your exact combination, which is exactly what I'm after :)

Mine is well overdue getting the bumper sorted. Been almost a year since the little incident where I acquired the crack and lost my lower grille. Picked up a VXR bumper on Tuesday, just need to get it sprayed, find an OPC grille and get the 5 door fitting kit. Hopefully next month it'll be all fitted :mrgreen:
Glad you told me that actually! Good to know i may be the first to have done something :lol: haha!

Get is sprayed and put on pronto! Will look pretty damn aggressive with it :thumbs:

·
Registered
14,376 Posts
SNEAKY BACHA STRIKES AGAIN ....this time with a whole thread not just a teaser pic haha

now this is a progress thread haha top marks for you sneaky bacha! Massive transformation mate and it'll get even better with the bits you have planned! Looks MEAN and some very nice touches that create a big effect ...great work and look forward to what else you have planned...just remember to put it in here haha i expect loads of pics ....just don't delay one of the updates for ages like me :lol: ...actually no do that so we can start on you instead :lol:

also here to help anytime....you've assisted me loads so no worries :thumbs: top man

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Stunning mate, absolutely love the front of the car!!

It's so different and mean :love:

You can have your roti back now you sneaky bacha :lol:

·
Registered
14,376 Posts

see we threatened him with his roti for one day and we get a whole thread....man just must love his circular dough :lol:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
see we threatened him with his roti for one day and we get a whole thread....man just must love his circular dough :lol:
I know.. a whole 48 hours later an BAAAM he's made it!! :rofl:

Don't we all love the circular dough but :mrgreen:

·
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SNEAKY BACHA STRIKES AGAIN ....this time with a whole thread not just a teaser pic haha

now this is a progress thread haha top marks for you sneaky bacha! Massive transformation mate and it'll get even better with the bits you have planned! Looks MEAN and some very nice touches that create a big effect ...great work and look forward to what else you have planned...just remember to put it in here haha i expect loads of pics ....just don't delay one of the updates for ages like me :lol: ...actually no do that so we can start on you instead :lol:

also here to help anytime....you've assisted me loads so no worries :thumbs: top man

I know.. a whole 48 hours later an BAAAM he's made it!! :rofl:

Don't we all love the circular dough but :mrgreen:
aw roti! *runs slow motion through a field towards it* how i've missed you! :rofl: i'm actually ******* myself!! you guys ******* hilarious! :rofl: seriously!

also, i guarantee everyone's searching to find out what it is :rofl: that's what makes it even funnier!!! hahaha!!

Thanks again you guys, much appreciated - keep on making me laugh :thumbs: :lol:

1 - 20 of 117 Posts