Astra Owners Network banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
A.O.N Regional Organiser - Wales (Craig)
2,993 Posts
I decided to use Newtown Motors in Cwmbran on the recommendation of people on here for my 2nd service. Have to say I was very disappointed, and won't be going there again.

When I booked my car in for the service they was a little "sh!ty" with me as I was supplying my parts from another dealer on Trade Discount. Then when they did the job, they misplaced the oil ring washer that was in the box. They stated that it wasn't there even though I know it was as checked it all in the morning so they charged me for it.

Then they charged me for brake dust cleaner, which is the 1st time in 10 years that any dealer has ever charged me and i'm sure they put the price of labour up charge as well.

When I got home I checked the invoice details, they had put on my account "please note that customer is part of a car club...." Why!? :sus:

So think I will stick with Evans Halshaw In Newport

·
Registered
42 Posts
I can promise you now guys that parts dept has changed!!! You need anything from Evans halshaw Newport we will happy to help you, whole team has changed and now stock parts from all service kit to vxr turbo. We will have new hop open very soon(being build now) with parts ranging from dump valves to roose pipework to drilled and grooved dics all at good prices.

Direct parts number is 01633637469 so no call centres and stright into parts, state your from AON and you get nice discount on parts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I can promise you now guys that parts dept has changed!!! You need anything from Evans halshaw Newport we will happy to help you, whole team has changed and now stock parts from all service kit to vxr turbo. We will have new hop open very soon(being build now) with parts ranging from dump valves to roose pipework to drilled and grooved dics all at good prices.

Direct parts number is 01633637469 so no call centres and stright into parts, state your from AON and you get nice discount on parts
Craig raves about you guys :thumbs:

may be looking at you guys from my next service/cambelt&water pump start of next year depending on price

·
Registered
10,997 Posts
SERIOUSLY BAD: SOUTHERN VAUXHALL MERTHYR TYDFIL

wouldnt touch with a barge pole.
A: customer service next to none
B: services are charged at an extra £5-10 more than Hutchings in Pontypridd
C: they never answer the phone and have to see a car to know what you are after
+1 on this

Bought my car from Southern Vauxhall in Merthyr, took it back for a noisy turbo and they said it was normal.

Hutching In Ponty had it a few times and was determined to fix it! New turbo, Rocker cover and exhaust later and it was sorted!!

Southern are *****..

·
Registered
10,997 Posts
I went in for a recall job the other day and they did the free fluid check etc.

I was told confidently by the Service guy that the fluids were ok.

But on the drive up the Hanbrake light came on meaning that it needed brake fluids.

So i told him and he was stumped lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ive used James & Jenkins in cardiff in the past on my old astra gsi and my old renault megane f1 also had my new astra done there and there service is quality and the fitters who do the work were tidy explained stuff they find and the prices are quite competetive to.

Matt

·
Registered
30 Posts
Car Shop on Penarth Road in Cardiff,

Absolutely excellent in my opinion - Really friendly customer service and I've had a few things fixed on my GTC,
Took it in and explain what was wrong, they took the car off me then and there and 2 days later it was all done (All under warranty, no questions or queries) even tightened handbrake and fitted new blades which I didnt ask for they said were running low/needed to be changed soon anyway.

Definitely taking it back there when things need doing.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.