Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
aka The Historian, "i love an old thread"
15,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i thought it would be useful to have a thread rating Vauxhall garages in Wales....il start us off:

Excellent:

Hutchings: - Pontypridd
Reason: problem was sorted and book in ans done with a few day's

Newtown Motors - Cwmbran
Reason: Nothing was too much trouble. Get treated like a valued customer!

Average:

FRF Vauxhall - Bridgend
Reason: good atmosphere and good receptionists, but good at making excuses for affected warrantys

Terrible:

Evans Halshaw - Nash House, Sloper Road
CARDIFF , GB, CF11 8SE
Reason: Afterservice is next to none and they overcharge!!! and the "we'll call you back" (but never do) is present at this vauxhall

Evans Halshaw Newport
Reason: Invisible staff! No stock, and a "can't be arsed" attitude!!!! :-(

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Excellent:
reason: problem was sorted and book in ans done with a few day's

Average:

Terrible:

CARDIFF , GB, CF11 8SE
Reason: Afterservice is next to none and they overcharge!!![/QUOTE]

·
15,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent:

reason: problem was sorted and book in ans done with a few day's

Average:

FRF Vauxhall - Bridgend
reason: good atmosphere and good receptionists, but good at making excuses for affected warrantys

Terrible:

CARDIFF , GB, CF11 8SE
Reason: Afterservice is next to none and they overcharge!!! and the "we'll call you back" (but never do) is present at this vauxhall

·
Registered
19 Posts
great service

used hutchings of tonypandy now of pontypridd always 1st cless sevice lisa was great on customer services now on accounts :thumbs:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Terrible:
Evans Halshaw Newport........ Invisible staff! No stock, and a "can't be arsed" attitude!!!! :-(

·
15,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i hate all Evans Halshaws lol, all terrible!!!

hope you two find a better dealer round your area.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Terrible:
Evans Halshaw Newport........ Invisible staff! No stock, and a "can't be arsed" attitude!!!! :-(
Thought I would give them a second chance! Guess what! One person from servicing said, "a member of the spares department will be with you now" 25 MINUTES of listening to the "spares people" laughing and talking in the back room was enough! :mad: Then to be told by someone that all the staff "are very busy" (I was the ONLY one in there for ****'s sake!!!!!!!) It's a shame that the manager of Evans Halshaw Newport wont get to see this!!! Oh and when I asked to see some one in authority, there was no one available!
THEY DON'T DESERVE ANY :swear: CUSTOMERS!!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Never mate when i went there i parted by telling them where to get off if you know what i mean mate.On a lighter note our next local agent is NEWTOWN MOTORS OF CWMBRAN hope that helps mate.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Never mate when i went there i parted by telling them where to get off if you know what i mean mate.On a lighter note our next local agent is NEWTOWN MOTORS OF CWMBRAN hope that helps mate.
Need some small parts, so will give Newtown Motors a try tomorrow! (Y)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Update!!

Need some small parts, so will give Newtown Motors a try tomorrow! (Y)
Well, called to Newtown Motors Cwmbran. What a difference!!! They actually have a parts dept' that has someone there! And that someone is actually happy to help!! I went through the on screen parts list with him, and ordered all the small obscure fixings and clips that I needed. Nothing was too much trouble. The whole lot didn't come to a vast amount of money, but I was still treated like a valued customer! (Y) EVANS HALSHAW, NEWPORT could learn a valuable "customer/ retailer" lesson from Newtown motors!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Well, called to Newtown Motors Cwmbran. What a difference!!! They actually have a parts dept' that has someone there! And that someone is actually happy to help!! I went through the on screen parts list with him, and ordered all the small obscure fixings and clips that I needed. Nothing was too much trouble. The whole lot didn't come to a vast amount of money, but I was still treated like a valued customer! (Y) EVANS HALSHAW, NEWPORT could learn a valuable "customer/ retailer" lesson from Newtown motors!
so there great then mate glad we finally found a good one close to us:salute::thumbs:

·
Registered
61 Posts
i went to sloper road in cardiff, the guy who tryed sellin me a car was a total *****, he was actin all smug n **** givin me details on the car, but after a small banter and very nice father in law who is a total nut job i got wa i wanted and it cost me less lol hehe :D

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
My mother had a problem with the brakes on her 08 Corsa earlier this week so i recommended newtown motors in cwmbran after reading this thread. I've just got off the phone to her and she couldn't get over how helpful they were. She phoned them on Wed and they arranged for it to be seen first thing the following morning (today). They also told her that her first service was due last week so she asked if they could do it at the same time and she said it seemed that nothing was a problem for them and couldn't recommend them enough. They done the first service for £130ish and as she has only had the car about 1 month they advised her to take the car back to the garage she bought it from and tell them to fit new disks and pads as they were unsafe. She said it was the first time she's taken her car to a garage for work and not felt like she was being ripped off. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
went in to vx in newport fo vxr intake pipe first time bloke said no prob will have to order it in went back couple days later blokes on sick this woman said cant help u will have to wait till blokes back told them straight they could snuff it would go else were never been back since:)

·
Registered
293 Posts
went in to vx in newport fo vxr intake pipe first time bloke said no prob will have to order it in went back couple days later blokes on sick this woman said cant help u will have to wait till blokes back told them straight they could snuff it would go else were never been back since:)
Try NEWTOWN MOTORS in cwmbran mate there much better hope this helps mate

·
A.O.N Regional Organiser - Wales (Craig)
2,993 Posts
I'm due for service so think I will give Newport a miss and go to Cwmbran. Does anyone know if they accept the trade card?

·
A.O.N Regional Organiser - Wales (Craig)
2,993 Posts
lol I've had a job finding the town centre, let alone that place. I got tom tom and I checked the site so I be fine. I did go there once when it was MG dealer, think that was a flook as i've never managed to find it since :'( lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
lol its easy if you go to the front of the bus station follow the road until the roundabout turn of the roundabout at your first left so your coming back on your self. at the next rounder bout go straight ahead and turn right at the lights and its there just on your right hope this helps mate

1 - 20 of 50 Posts