Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would the best place for a Full service be my local Vauxhall garage? Or should I just go to some smaller cheaper firm?

Probably a silly question but this is all new to me

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Depends on the car and its service history to date. If its had all main delaer services so far, its in your interests to keep it up to increase resale value. If not, then as long as its serviced when it should be, where you get it done shouldnt matter too much.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See im pretty sure its never had a service from a proper place just a guy my dad knows since my sister got it last year :/

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think if you go to a good local garage and have it looked after, by someone who cares, and who knows what they are doing, it should have little or no effect on the residual value of the car. They do ned to have the right kit though, to be able to read the ECU, etc....Try for a garage near to you with a contract with the RAC, AA etc. You should be able to find a relevant list on the RAC or AA sites. If a garage is certified by either of these two, it would suggest that they know what they are doing, have the right gear and give fair value for money. You should be expecting to pay between £50 - £60 per hour inc VAT, for labour i reckon. An easy way to save money is to source any parts required yourself. A dealer is likely to charge that amount plus VAT.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ask a few friends which garage they use. I'd say its better to find a garage with a good reputation whether they are a main dealer or independant. If your local Vauxhall dealer is anything like mine i'd steer well clear anyway!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts