Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all!

So I had A corsa C before this and always Used the Forums for finding out stuff about them but it just wasn't cutting it! So i've decided to upgrade to an Astra Sportback 1.8VVT 57 plate, and what a difference it is!
After always lurking the corsa forums I decided I would finally make an account to ask people on here questions as it makes it alot easier and you all seem so helpful!

So I have a few questions for you fine people, as I'm at university I driver home alot at the weekends and i love listening to my music so as the title says, I want to do a complete audio upgrade.
I want to, Sound deaden, Install a new set of speakers around the car and Wire an Amplifier for the speakers to my OEM headunit! (A sub will be coming, But not for a while!) So my questions are,

Is the sound Quality of the CD30 mp3 really that bad, as its seemed alright to me (although lacking on power). If i was to wire the speaker outputs on the CD30 this directly into the Speaker highs on my amplifier, would it be better quality then just out of the speakers because the Radio doesnt have to work as hard to power the Amplifier inputs because of the Extremely high impedance?

I also want to keep the Current Astras Speaker/soundstage set up whilst changing the speakers to better quality ones, I'm struggling to find any Good 6.5" mid/bass drivers available for cars, so do they even exist!? I was thinking Focal/Rainbow/Hertz Components in the front and the matching brand Mid/bass driver in the back? can you guys make any good reccomendations?

Finally, is sound deadening worth it? I have a budget of about £1000 for the whole thing, and maybe I could stretch a bit more if i really like the sound of something

Sorry for how badly worded the questions were, English isn't my strong suit!

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
Yes sound deadening is worth it. Swap the fronts out for 6's in adapters. The CD30's vary by year. Yes, if you add an amp it will improve the front sound but drive the standard units too hard and they will go pop

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha thank you! Its easier asking people that already know!

Okay, well that answers my questions about sound deadening! I think I had my heart set on sound deadening anyways ;)
But what I meant for the speakers Was, are there any companys out there that offer just a 6.5" Mid/bass driver with no tweeters? I wanted to put Components in the front and just some Mid/bass drivers in the Existing Speaker locations in the back? wire up the CD30 to A 4 channel amp then wire up the Amp to the aftermarket speakers?

·
Registered
14,376 Posts
Sound deadening is definitely worth it and needed if you want to get serious.
Cd30 sucks, upgrade headunit, the change is huuuge just by switching to a decent headunit and it brings it to life

You might want to switch headunit first and see how you like it as it makes a huge difference but what's your budget for components? Lots of possible options available.

And your English is fine and better than some on here :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha I currently study Electronic engineering so english isnt really needed!
and yeah I think I probably will sound deaden as most places I've read about it says its definitely worth it, And is it that Bad? I wanted to keep the OEM look of the CD30 though which leads on to the question of is there anything you can put in-between the Cd30 and the Amp to increase sound quality, Like a DSP?

I ahev a budget of about £1000! maybe £1200 if it needed, so £300 for fronts, £300 for rears and £300 for amp and whatever is left over for wiring kits and Sound deadening etc.

Thanks for the replies!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts