Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got 528 miles to a tank-full of petrol,I drive a 1.6 with easytronic,can anyone tell me if that is good or not..........:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
what some would give to see 400 from a tank let alone over 500. having said that i always get over 400 usually between 420-440

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
I can get that from the VXR buddy (Y)(Y) :lol: :lol:................................

Oh only 1 tank of fuel?? I thought you said 2 tanks of fuel :lol: :thumbs:

James

:)

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Last tank was 308 miles mostly town driving, 5th gear 30MPH, 6th gear 40MPH etc:D (Y), I have a granny right foot :lol:

James

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
i find it hard 2 get over 300miles 2 a tank in my 1.6

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
My Astra 1.8 was like that. I reckon on NORMAL driving the VXR is better on fuel than my 1.8 SRi G :( If your having fun however, the G was far better on fuel as you can imagine. :lol: Slightest blip of the throttle and the VXR loses 10miles range from the trip :eek: :(:(

Alot of people swear by "tap and coast", where you accelerate to the set speed then coast, then tap the throttle to get to set speed again then coast again, and so on and so on. Very handy with Toyota Prius drivers :lol:

James

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
By driving reallyyyy slow i just about managed to get 350miles from a tank :(

I normally get 250 :eek:

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Don't think I ever got over 300 miles out of my sri 200t. I used to hate filling it up with fuel and see the range at only 280 miles :(. Got quite a heavy, no, make that a very heavy right foot.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Thats really good from a 1.6. You've definately entered diesel land there ;)

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
this was merely a boast and not a question :lol:

i struggle to get 300 to a tank, on my way down to PVS this year i managed 370 sitting at 70 with the cruise on..

·
A dieselhead..
2,827 Posts
thats really good from a perv that..

i recently got my 1st tank of over 600miles which is just over 52mpg.. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts