Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, im wanting to get some new front speakers and just wondering what eveyrone else has done as looks will be quite important to me when it comes to choosing some new ones. If anyone has the time can you post pics please just for some rough idea's
Much appreciated
Ali

·
Registered
707 Posts
I can give you a pic of what i have but i imagine like most people i have mine almost hidden behind the door cards.

These are the Bassworxs BSX 6.0's they have totally changed the sound of my car and will only get better once i have them amplified:D

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
These are mine, but as already mentioned, you cannot see them as they are hidden behind the door card lol

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
looks will be quite important to me when it comes to choosing some new ones
This should be the last thing on your mind, you will only see them when you take them out the box for fitting; rest of the time they will be sitting hidden behind a grill unless you intend doing a door build.

Sound that suits your taste in music should be the key factor, then possibly cost.

Like these http://www.cdtaudio.com/images/hd_series/hd- not the best looking but one of the best if not the best car audio speakers available.

Sorry try this http://www.cdtaudio.com/hd_series_08.htm#

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
This should be the last thing on your mind, you will only see them when you take them out the box for fitting; rest of the time they will be sitting hidden behind a grill unless you intend doing a door build.

Sound that suits your taste in music should be the key factor, then possibly cost.

Like these http://www.cdtaudio.com/images/hd_series/hd- not the best looking but one of the best if not the best car audio speakers available.
link not working m,ate :cool:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Sorry should work now. I still have a set of the HD-642 in a box from my SQ days, pity they don’t fit in the Zafiy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes deffinately will take into consideration what suits my taste of music jst still unsure wether to go for the door build to make it look good or not worry about looks and have them hidden.Not sure what to do atm, cheers for the advice :)

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
If you are looking to do a flashy door build then be prepaired to fail the 1st couple of times as to pull it off right, you will 1st need to cut up your door cards,
2nd, be good with wood working and fiberglassing
3rd be good with filler and sanding
4th be good with painting or recovering the butchered surface,

Can I suggest that you regester with www.fiberglassforums.com and have a read through some of the speaker pod builds to see how much work is involved

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The day’s of being covered in MDF dust, up to my elbows in resin and itching like a dog with fleas due to the glass fibber is over for me. Doing door builds take a lot of time and money to get right, so many of them look dreadful, due to folks getting fed up and butchering them.

Not a job for the faint hearted; undertaking a job like that needs a lot of time, planning and skill, don’t forget money too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts