Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I am looking at finally fitting my Sony HCB-700 hands free kit.. Im just wondering how people fit the Mic of hands free's?

Do you run the mic cable down the passanger pillar? If so, Any pre-cautions when removing the pillar cover, as mine has an airbag in..
And advise on where I am best putting the mic, and where to hide the cables would be great!

Any advise is appreciated.

Matt,

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
this will depend on the length of the cable for the mic but....

the OEM bluetooth mic is located on the roof behind the little grill at the front. when stampede fit mine is simply started behind the glove box and went up the A pillar and along the edge of the windscreen tucking the cable in behind the trim as he went

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome. THanks for the advice. Any tips/pointers to removing the fascia of the A pillar?
Is it screwed down? or does it pop on and off?

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
when adam did mine he used a screw driver to carefully prize the edge of the roof lining up and then tuck the cable in a bit at a time but i honestly cant remember if he did the same thing with the pillar trim or not

sure i read somewhere that when removing the pillar trim the plastic air bag symbol pops out to remove it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts