Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all im new to this forum,:)

i want to add fog lights to my vauxhall astra h sportive van 2009 but cant find and wiring or plugs to add them to.. i took the front bumper off and the head lights and cant find anything?? do they tape them up in the loom....

has anyone done this before.? i assumed that all wiring looms are the same on the vans.. i thought it would just be a case of pluging them in and changing the light switch unit in the van..

ive also seen a few vans with the vxr bumpers on so it must be do able

any information and help would be much appriciated..
;) Thankyou. Jason..(Y)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi jason , welcome to the club i think only the Sportive se came with fog lamps , also i think its a different loom to the standard Sportive , as i wanted to do this to my old Sportive but vauxhall said no way . I may be wrong ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh no don't say that lol. I got to have fog lights they look so much better with them. Gutted if I cant do it.:D there must be someone out there who has done this.. :look:

·
Registered
241 Posts
To be honest mate, i thought all "sportive" vans came with fog lights as standard.
Hi, no, the Sportive H vans don't come with front fogs as standard. The Sportive SE models do, but the only non-SE vans that have front fogs are the ones with the winter pack option (front fogs, headlight washers and heated seats) and there's precious few of them about. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh right.. can't I just wire them up to a switch in the van. Has anyone done this with there van..

Thanks for the info so far(Y)

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can just wire them in yourself all you need to do is a simple circuit with a relay and switch etc just wire it straight to the battery i would of thought . I have done it on a few of my old cars its pretty simple to do.
If you do it that way you can have them on on there own as its not wired into the lights or you can get a feed off the lights so they only work when the headlights/side lights are on. Having said that im not sure if it would cause a error within the body control module as it will be drawing to many amps/volts through the lights. Probably just best to wire them up on there own curcuit i would of thought.

Gaz

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats more like it that was the answer I was hoping for lol.. I knew there would be someone out there.

How much do you charge to do that to mine :D :thumbs: just need to talk my mechanic into this now

Thanks...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi, no, the Sportive H vans don't come with front fogs as standard. The Sportive SE models do, but the only non-SE vans that have front fogs are the ones with the winter pack option (front fogs, headlight washers and heated seats) and there's precious few of them about. :)
Out of interest, mine has headlight washers, would the loom(s) be in place for heated seats and/or fogs?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Out of interest, mine has headlight washers, would the loom(s) be in place for heated seats and/or fogs?
My answer to this is a combination of not necessarily and I don't know! I have seen some models that have front fogs but no heated seats and the same with the headlight washers. They are very rare but I'm guessing that they were specced like that from new rather than speccing them with the complete winter pack.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Right ive not had a good start. firstly ive already got a relay and fuse in place..

so i thought bingo the wires must already be there. but theyre not

does anyone know what that relay is used for and can i still wire into that?

also i read on that other forum link that the plug that goes into my light switch in the van should have 10 wires i only have 9 and dont have the grey blue wire in pin 8 i will post some pictures in a bit..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi viperX that link isn't working for me and that grey/blue trace is only 6v with a 2v drop while being depressed would you have another link by any chance or would you recall how you got circuit activation through the front fog switch as I have got one from a scrapyard a factory switch that is

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
Wiring is there for the switch, it's just a case of foglights, 1 wire to the uec and 1 to earth each side, program and that's it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts