Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New user here from the US. I've found a set of 18x8.5" rims with a 40mm offset that I would really like to put on my Astra. I did a search on this forum and found one person saying an 8.5" rim w/ 30-35mm offset is the max you can fit on the car. In another thread someone said they were running 8.5" wheels with 45mm offset. I was hoping someone on here might be able to confirm which is the largest size wheel that can fit on the car w/o any modifications to the car body. If it makes a difference, I plan on using the eibach pro kit to lower my car. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had my original question answered by a forum user who said she's fit 19x85 45et w/ no problems. The difference between her car and mine is hers is a VXR and mine is a base 5-door H. I imagine that if the wheels fit on one Astra, they should fit on them all. Does anyone know of any differences between the two cars that might cause the wheels to not fit on mine?

·
Registered
681 Posts
The only thing i would be concerned with is the Eibach Prolines sitting lower than the VXR springs so you will have to watch there is no fowling on the arches, otherwise there shouldn't be any difference. :thumbs:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts