Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally I can have sex with my brand new GTC!! Any precaution?

Sorry about the topic, it's a trap!

Anyway , just wanna say Hi and greet you guys as I am finally an astra owner member. :wave:

and NO I didnt shove my **** in to the exhaust pipe. altho it is really a sexy beast to look at.

I picked this car up 2 weeks ago but was so busy dealing with my old car so didnt have time to post the photos before.

spec:
Astra J GTC 1.4 140bhp
base model
sport trim
18 alloys
solid red
+ front and rear parking sensors

Got this for 14 grand but i missed out the 500 free fuel weekend and the 300 pounds voucher!! too late :(

anyway here we go:

Future plan to make it even more sexier:

Irmscher bodykit
- rear roof spoiler
- front lower spoiler
- side skirts

Unfortunately there are no side skirts available from the irmshcer website yet.
i will wait when the whole package is available.

- HUD speedometer / rev counter Display

- under door (inside) led light - red . to match the red ambient light around the gear stick

- DTUK Tunning box

- 18 inch alloys

- car stereo with dvd + sat nav

- Daylight running light

·
A.O.N - Club Member(Dean)
888 Posts
Welcome to the family! Don't lie , yes you did give her a poke but it's ok. We all do it :) hahaha

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Future Upgrades Plan

- HUD speedometer / rev counter Display

- under door (inside) led light - red . to match the red ambient light around the gear stick

of cos i will use on the underside of the inside door cos is illegal on the exterior

- DTUK Tunning box

- 18 inch alloys

- car stereo with dvd + sat nav

- Daylight running light
cause sport trim dont have any fog lights so I want to put a pair of day light running LED on the fog light cover on the front bumper
e.g.

any recommendation for a low profile discrete led light that can fit on the gtc fog light cover?

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
They are a fine looking car aren't they? Congrats, I'm off to drive and probably buy a demo diesel at the local stealers tomorrow, so could well be having to dig my chastity belt out by the end of the week

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
I think you're in for a shock, going from this...

To this...

Going to be a lot of work to convert it to left hand drive! :eek:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think you're in for a shock, going from this...

To this...

Going to be a lot of work to convert it to left hand drive! :eek:
haha no , not changing my steering on the wrong side.

i guess the stereo system's wiring for left hand drive and right hand drive should be the same

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good Luck!!
cos the stereo is made in china so i think that's why the photo shows the left hand drive model

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey guys!

if I sell my alloys how much should I expect to sell it for?

500 for 4 nearly new wheels. does it sound like a realistic figure or am i asking too much?

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
Nice one mate! If you fancy a drive down to Durham it's worth the trip to visit the DTUK lads personally. The system you want for your car is the FSR box for the 1.4T 140, and I can tell you from first hand experience it's awesome. There shouldn't be any teething problems either, as I think I was the first one in the UK to have one of these fitted and any issues (like plugs fitting both ways around and causing EML's, lol) have been ironed out and it is one AWESOME bit of kit. Well worth the money.

I have the same colour car as you, in the SRI trim with the 19" wheels and have done a few visible (yet cheap, so far) mods to it if you want to check out my progress thread below for inspiration. I also plan to fit a few bits of the irmscher kit on it in the future so if you need any help my girlfriend speaks fluent german and can ask a few questions to irmscher directly without having to go through the UK resellers (as germany will get stuff first, I presume).

But yeah, very nice car :) And don't worry about the sexy times, if they went over my car with a UV light I'd probably end up with a lifetime ban.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice one mate! If you fancy a drive down to Durham it's worth the trip to visit the DTUK lads personally. The system you want for your car is the FSR box for the 1.4T 140, and I can tell you from first hand experience it's awesome. There shouldn't be any teething problems either, as I think I was the first one in the UK to have one of these fitted and any issues (like plugs fitting both ways around and causing EML's, lol) have been ironed out and it is one AWESOME bit of kit. Well worth the money.

I have the same colour car as you, in the SRI trim with the 19" wheels and have done a few visible (yet cheap, so far) mods to it if you want to check out my progress thread below for inspiration. I also plan to fit a few bits of the irmscher kit on it in the future so if you need any help my girlfriend speaks fluent german and can ask a few questions to irmscher directly without having to go through the UK resellers (as germany will get stuff first, I presume).

But yeah, very nice car :) And don't worry about the sexy times, if they went over my car with a UV light I'd probably end up with a lifetime ban.
lol.

cheers

i wanna know how did u do the paint on the caliper? did u do it yourself? and how much does it cost?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Nice car mate (Y) same as mine only red :lol:

lol.

cheers

i wanna know how did u do the paint on the caliper? did u do it yourself? and how much does it cost?
Thin brush and a tin of hammerite pain £10 tops and you'll have enough pain left over to touch up for years to come :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts