Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,,

Not posted on here in a while, not done much to the car either butttt done abit soo, cleaned her up this mornin an took a few snaps an had a play on ps.

New stuff:

Red calipers with the vauxhall decals,
Tinted sun strip,
Also had the cheap hid direct hid's but they wasnt workin to well with the astra, kept turnin them selves off etc. so i bought the best kit they had in, the 'Wideview Slim 8k' for about £150.. worked a treat, much nicer colour an brighter :)

Anyways pics..

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankss and yupp what a long boring job it is! jacking up 1 wheel at a time then, sanding, painting about 2-3coats of hammerite, then waiting til its dry, then putting on the vauxhall decal an laquering, nice little touch tho!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thankss and yupp what a long boring job it is! jacking up 1 wheel at a time then, sanding, painting about 2-3coats of hammerite, then waiting til its dry, then putting on the vauxhall decal an laquering, nice little touch tho!
Hmmm ive been debating doing mine, I bought the paint this time last year! lol Does look very good though, I might take advantage of the next dry weekend! So you reckon 3 coats? Another other tips? How long did you leave them before driving?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Looking good, cracking pictures :thumbs:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys an girls! :cool:

Hmmm ive been debating doing mine, I bought the paint this time last year! lol Does look very good though, I might take advantage of the next dry weekend! So you reckon 3 coats? Another other tips? How long did you leave them before driving?
well tbh i probs did 2 coats then touched up as it needed it after it dried, you wil know how much to put on as it dries, abit tricky to do as its so thick mine have turn out abit bumpy like i say due to thick hammerite paint, but not something you realy notice,

ermm a few hours i think, i jus placed tissue on bottoms of the wheels incase any dripped of (while parked up) not that it did as its so thick but as a precaution, im sure theres a time limit for it to dry like 24hr but i defo didnt wait that long an i was ok, perhaps best of waiting to do it on a day you wont be busy an wont need the car.. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Nice work there Bud (Y). Where did you get the Decals from for the calipers?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts