Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts
22,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and aGirls,

Please use this forum to post your feedback, both good or bad in here.

Again, if you have any question about the Scheme then start and thread in here and im sure Tim from Chris Knott will take time to answer any questions you may have

Cheers

Andrew

·
Chris Knott Insurance
718 Posts
Yes please feel free to contact us.

The A.O.N. scheme is really growing well - much better than our expectations, and, even though we deal with about 70 other car clubs, we find the A.O.N. members some of the nicest around!!!

Credit also to ABYSS for all his hard work in this!

The scheme is for both standard and modified cars with cosmetic changes and bhp increases by no more than 20bhp.

It starts for ages 22 and over for Comprehensive cover and 19+ for TPFT cover, and you must have at least 1 year's NCB – no introductory discounts are allowed.

All drivers must have held a full UK licence for at least 1 year, and to insure a 'performance' car, there must be at least 1 years experience of driving that, or similar bhp, car. Unfortunately, the scheme is not competitive on all M - Manchester, L - Liverpool, OL - Oldham & SK1-12 - Stockport postcodes, and excludes Northern Ireland.

No more than 1 SP/PC/PL conviction offence per driver.

The minimum premiums are £250 for Comprehensive & £200 for TPFT cover, so please don’t ring if your quote is less than this!

We consistently have a very high renewal retention rate meaning that people renew with us because of our constantly competitive insurance premiums & experienced, reliable customer and claims service. That is why we can promote this insurance scheme knowing that we are in it for the long term.

I'll view the site regularly and try to answer any queries that you have also.

In the meantime, please feel free to call the New Business Team when you receive your renewal through. A dedicated team, with years of experience, is waiting for your call! (I personally don't do the quotes).

0800 917 2274 or 01424 200477 (if phoning by mobile) & please don't forget to quote the reference found in my signature below and the club name!

·
Chris Knott Insurance
718 Posts
Just to let you know our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, and Saturday morning 9am to noon.

·
Chris Knott Insurance
718 Posts
Came up trumps again Tim for my missus Meriva, thanks a lot, saved £200 on renewal, with all mods declared. Top job :thumbs::thumbs:

You're welcome!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Just a note to say I'm really pleased with my new insurance through Chris Knott. Many thanks to John who originally sorted me out with a great quote and a special thanks to the girl who got me insured before 12.00 noon that day :)

·
Chris Knott Insurance
718 Posts
Just a note to say I'm really pleased with my new insurance through Chris Knott. Many thanks to John who originally sorted me out with a great quote and a special thanks to the girl who got me insured before 12.00 noon that day :)

Jon's a good bloke!

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Danny)
2,561 Posts
Well done to paul who sorted out my policy today and shall be renewing the missus car next month, well chuffed with quote and the whole dealing from start to finish.:thumbs:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Beat all my quotes and had a great service from them.

I am fully comp on a 300 odd bhp Astra coupe aged 34 for £550

Great quote (Y)

·
Chris Knott Insurance
718 Posts
Beat all my quotes and had a great service from them.

I am fully comp on a 300 odd bhp Astra coupe aged 34 for £550

Great quote (Y)
Glad we could help!

·
Registered
159 Posts
quote please

hi
could giv me a quote please.i have a vxr nurburgring.im 25 live in n.ireland.ive been a named driver for the last 3 years.ive had no accidents or claims agaisnt me.thx

·
Chris Knott Insurance
718 Posts
hi
could giv me a quote please.i have a vxr nurburgring.im 25 live in n.ireland.ive been a named driver for the last 3 years.ive had no accidents or claims agaisnt me.thx
Really sorry my friend, we don't cover NI.

·
40,693 Posts
Absolutely Brilliant quote. Beat my Direct Line quote by over £200 and my Adrian Flux by 20%. Absolute brilliant service and did everything they could for me when I cocked up.

I thought my insurance renewal was one day and I actually found out 90 minutes before my old insurance ran out at Midday. Your guy managed to get my quote in place and me insured in time :thumbs:

·
Registered
118 Posts
orite mate, am thinking about getting a vxr and was wonding if you could get a better price than £2600 am 19 with 2 year no claims or would i be better off waiting till am 20 this year cheers

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Andy)
1,348 Posts
im pretty sure theyll refuse to insure you mate

19+ is third party fire and theft only
21+ is fully comp and TPFT

so unless you want it TPFT only, choose somewhere else

as a sidenote though mate, i was quoted £1200 fully comp for a 21yo with 2 years no claims, cant remember who it was with though, but was moneysupermarket.com (and i double checked on the actual site aswell!)

1 - 20 of 193 Posts