Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank God for this forum !! I have only owned a mk5 a couple of weeks and problems keeping cropping up with it :mad:

Okay so I now have the car/spanner light on my dash, I have read about the pedal fault code trick. the fault reads ....

005 02

what does this mean ?
Is it safe to drive ?
Can I turn the spanner light off myself just incase its a bug in the system ?
The Van drives fine and all seems okay, however it did have the cambelt changed last week at the main dealer... Im wondering if they have knocked something by accident while doing the work ?
Any help or advice much appreciated as I spent most of my money on this van and dont really want to have expensive garage bills just a week into ownership.

·
15,090 Posts
Can you recheck the ECN numbers? They don't have gaps or . in them, and there are no P0005 or P0050 codes for any of the 17s. (Y)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
005 02

just checked and it def says this
If its the fuel shut off valve wouldnt tht cause my van to not run ? It drives fine without any problems other than the spanner light and this fault code when i hold in the trip reset with the ignition on.
Could it maybe just be a case of resetting the fault code and maybe it wont come back ?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Are you performing the pedal test? As this generates the code.
Holding the trip with ign on is different and I have no idea what this does.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks.... Okay I just did the test and it shows nothing. it just comes up with the mileage. I tried the test three times and held my feet on the pedals for at least twenty seconds.
So I guess its a trip to the main dealer then ?
As this would only show engine fault codes am I right in assuming this could be something minor ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
005 02

just checked and it def says this
If its the fuel shut off valve wouldnt tht cause my van to not run ? It drives fine without any problems other than the spanner light and this fault code when i hold in the trip reset with the ignition on.
Could it maybe just be a case of resetting the fault code and maybe it wont come back ?
Hi, did you ever get this fixed? And did you find out exactly what the problem was? I'm asking because I've got the same error code

·
Registered
904 Posts
Probably best to state exactly what the code is,which car (G,H or J) and which 1.7 engine you have, (DTH,DTL,DTJ etc)
there's no agreement on this thread that i can see as to what the code really was and if your car is a 1.7 then there are different engine versions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, it's a vauxhall astra H 1.9 Sri sport, the code is 005 02, which has pointed out fuel cut off, so I'm trying to locate where the switch would be

·
Registered
904 Posts
Even though your car has a different engine to the one the thread was about i can't see it applies to the car,
i'm guessing you're googling the code for an obd meaning for P005 with symptom byte 02,
but it doesn't appear in TIS so needs confirming.
Can you post a pic either of the scanner with the code showing or of the ecn number shown in the IPC when you do the pedal trick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts