Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
TS Astra Convertible, with #631 Nurburgring Engine and drive train, 19"*8" chrome wheels.
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Z20LEH (the Nurburgring version) and all mechanicals slotted into my TS/Mk4 convertible (was Z20LET). It's running on the TS ECU (pre-CAN) which is bog standard (mainly because expertise in ECU mods is hard to find in Aussie). Only issue is the idle speed which tends to hang on for 10 seconds or so and then slowly drops back to normal. The issue is not so bad if the AC is providing some load at idle, and also if I load it with the clutch while waiting at the lights. It's quite driveable but will probably chew up the gearbox synchros in time, so I better get it sorted.
Almost like the idle air valve is faulty, but I'm told these engines do not have such a device. No air leaks that I can find, cleaned the MAF and throttle body a couple of times. Last I checked (months ago), there were no codes. I suspect the TS ECU is not happy with something on this LEH engine, but I have no idea what it is.
As I suspect there are plenty of Mk4 LET donks now replaced with the LEH, maybe someone has had the same problem and managed to find the answer.
Any advice appreciated!!

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
You could try dropping @Brianh a pm, haven’t seen him about for a while tho, he fitted 1 to his cabby a while back
Cancel that, I can’t find him on here now, but it has been done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.