Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attempted to fit my pr-cat pipe over the weekend and failed to undo all the bolts that are connected from the pre cat to the rest of the system.

I tried WD40 but still no luck. Anyone else had this problem and how do you overcome this. Will it be better to give it to a garage to fit???

·
Registered
87 Posts
chances are the bolts are seized as the cat does get very hot, best bet is to get a garage to heat them up and undo them.

other wise, try starting the car, let it get warm and then try again..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Supposed to allow the turbo to spool up easier due to freeing up the restrictive pre cat so the exhaust gases can escape quicker, thus allowing a slight increase of a claimed 10bhp, however the more noticable increase is in the torque but i dont have figures to back this up.

Most owners have noticed the slight increase in power but more noticably the smoother running of the engine when on power.

Garry

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Supposed to allow the turbo to spool up easier due to freeing up the restrictive pre cat so the exhaust gases can escape quicker, thus allowing a slight increase of a claimed 10bhp, however the more noticable increase is in the torque but i dont have figures to back this up.

Most owners have noticed the slight increase in power but more noticably the smoother running of the engine when on power.

Garry
Kool, im gonna get the garage to fit it on the weekend will let you know what i think!!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right I got the garage to fit the pre cat today and notice engine seems smoother but when putting my foot down I can hear a slight whistle type sound when the turbo is spoiling up. Is this normal or could there be a leak?????

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You may hear the turbo spool a little better now as it's not so restricted. If it's leaking you hear more when the car cold until it starts to warm up and it will sound like the exhaust is blowing a bit.
Thanks Dam, yea its only when turbo is spooling up you can always hear it, but there is no loss in power infact its running better obviously as its de-ristricted.

I guess i really have nothing to worry about then

1 - 14 of 14 Posts