Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got expensive times coming up.

Firstly car is having new tyres next wednesday. Was going to go for mid range falkens/ kuhmos/ maxxis but michelin are doing a deal at the moment where you buy 2 tyres (18") and you get back £50 in fuel vouchers. So if anyone is currently after tyres, michelins could be a good option.

Secondly, its well overdue a service. Last one was on 60k 18 months ago, car is currently on 76k. What would people advise to get done? I dont think cambelt is due but is it worth doing?? Also what would a rough price be? It wont be done at Vauxhall.

Finally MOT is due in November. Getting tyres and a service should sort most of the issues, but I have a nasty chip on the passenger side of the windscreen. What are the MOT rules on this?? Its not right through the glass and isnt on drivers side so possibly advisory??

thanks

*its 1.9 CDTI (with failing gearbox bearings)

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
I would advice to get the timing belt changed as its better to be safe than sorry. A rough price should be around the £200 mark for parts and labour.

For your service just change the oil filter air filter fuel filter and an oil change. You could do the pollen filter too.

Lastly if the chip is on the passenger side then I don't think it will affect the mot but don't quote me on that

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Fuel filter is easy to change but you need strength (Y)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So how much should a service including cam belt come to? From independant, not Vauxhall.

Before anyone suggests getting the gearbox bearings done, I haven't got the cash for that and don't know
anyone down this way who does it.

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
I would say around about £300 in total for service and belt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts