Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening All,

I'm afraid, 2 weeks into Astra ownership I've got an issue with my car.

On the way home, the Exhaust Managment Warning Light illuminated and the Car performance seemed reduced slightly.

Upon returning home, I checked the Handbook and hooked up my OBD Diagnostic Tool and was provided with a P0170 DTC Code, which I believe is indicative of a erroneous data from the Mass Air Flow Sensor leading to reduced Engine Performance (Apologies if this is wrong, purely my interpretation).

So, with that in mind, I'm going to contact the Dealer and see if they will resolve/replace the Sensor under the Warranty etc.

Hopefully nothing serious, I really like my Astra!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: I've visited the Dealer who has used a Snap On Diagnostic Tool and believes it is more probably the Lambada Sensor and not the Mass Air Flow Sensor.

The Car will go in on Wednesday for Live View Diagnostic Testing and then repair.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hopefully yes, would it be safe for me to disconnect the sensor until it is replaced?
it
Yes. The car will go into another running mode to compensate for it not being there.

When I had tick over problems and power reduction problems on my old Vectra 2.2 Direct, I disconnected the MAF and although the engine fault light came on (and stayed on) the engine ran a lot smoother until I sourced a replacement MAF. Well over £100 from the dealer, but I managed to get a £14 guaranteed working one from eBay.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers All ��

I am now back up and motoring at full power! It was confirmed today as the Lambda Sensor which was replaced and a brake squeal which turned out to be 'dust' on the pads was cleaned and is now sorted, all under warranty so happy days!

My next job is trying to fix the Drivers Side Mirror, as the Adjustment Stalk does nothing when moved ��

1 - 7 of 7 Posts