Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My middle exhaust pipe has completely broken away from its flange where it meets the back box one. I did try putting gun gum all around but it only lasted a day or so, not surprising really as it's only for holes and not a joint like a weld. Surprisingly it's only very slightly louder than when connected to the back box which makes me think is the back box needed at all! The only annoying thing is sometimes, particularly when idling I get a noise with the two ends rubbing together. Has anyone else had this?
I was going to leave it as I was looking for a replacement car, but there are no 2018/19 1.0 or 1.6 turbo K ones within a reasonable distance of me at the moment, and the MOT is due in just over a month.

·
Registered
667 Posts
My middle exhaust pipe has completely broken away from its flange where it meets the back box one. I did try putting gun gum all around but it only lasted a day or so, not surprising really as it's only for holes and not a joint like a weld. Surprisingly it's only very slightly louder than when connected to the back box which makes me think is the back box needed at all! The only annoying thing is sometimes, particularly when idling I get a noise with the two ends rubbing together. Has anyone else had this?
I was going to leave it as I was looking for a replacement car, but there are no 2018/19 1.0 or 1.6 turbo K ones within a reasonable distance of me at the moment, and the MOT is due in just over a month.
Why not buy a new one?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts