Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ppl, so i had a leaky turbo pipe, and when i removed it, there was loads of oil in it, now i dont know if this is normal or not the oil leaked out from the turbo pipe that comes from the inter-cooler to the egr valve (i think).
plus the oil poured out of my intercooler, and it just kept running out of my egr valve, so could someone take a look at the pictures and give me their thoughts, (sorry pics are poor)

turbo pipe going down to intercooler

turbo, looks excessively scratched..

erg i think..

intercooler pipe again

inside egr valve

when i checked the brether pipe it had excessive pressure coming out, if you have the engine ticking over, and put ur pumb over it for a few seconds it could fire a small grape out of it.. so im thinking is this blowing oil into the intake??

also when i start my car and drive down the road, say im in start stop traffic i keep getting a whirling noise, the best way i can describe it is, imagine a quick chirping noise and sort if fading out..

thank you for your time, im gonna get a video of it chirping cheers

car specs

1.7 CDTi Astra J exclusiv 108 mk6 2010 : 45000miles on clock

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have exactly same problem on my Opel astra 1.7 CDTI (2009). Next week i have service (change of oil, filters...) and i will mention this.

dsc0011.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you could let me know what they say I'd be great full as I'm loosing a never ending battle. I've been to Vauxhall at least 30 times and tryed 3 different guarges

·
Registered
478 Posts
mmmm, interesting, topped up the screen wash yesterday and noticed that the intercooler pipe is wet with oil and that the gearbox casing under the battery is soaked in oil too. Car is in it's death throw's, must know its being replaced soon!

·
Registered
109 Posts
They told me nothing... One option would be changing pipe and cleaning... But they are not sure if it would be any better...
They said that every astra has some oil leak from turbo pipe... Yeah right...
I have enough of this bulls.it!!!
I will sell car and buy Leon or P308.
Too many problems with my Astra.

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey ppl, so i had a leaky turbo pipe, and when i removed it, there was loads of oil in it, now i dont know if this is normal or not the oil leaked out from the turbo pipe that comes from the inter-cooler to the egr valve (i think).
plus the oil poured out of my intercooler, and it just kept running out of my egr valve, so could someone take a look at the pictures and give me their thoughts, (sorry pics are poor)

turbo pipe going down to intercooler

turbo, looks excessively scratched..

erg i think..

intercooler pipe again

inside egr valve

when i checked the brether pipe it had excessive pressure coming out, if you have the engine ticking over, and put ur pumb over it for a few seconds it could fire a small grape out of it.. so im thinking is this blowing oil into the intake??

also when i start my car and drive down the road, say im in start stop traffic i keep getting a whirling noise, the best way i can describe it is, imagine a quick chirping noise and sort if fading out..

thank you for your time, im gonna get a video of it chirping cheers

car specs

1.7 CDTi Astra J exclusiv 108 mk6 2010 : 45000miles on clock
Hey Jason did you ever find out this problem / get it rectified?

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts