Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My car with spanner warning light has gone on, and it's in limp home mode. My cheap reader hasn't detected any codes but the pedal test has shown:
1st P0340 Camshaft position sensor circuit malfunction.
2nd P0220 Throttle/pedal position sensor circuit malfunction switch B
3rd P1550 PSPS Out of self test range.

Apart from being what I presume is limp mode: I have to press the accelerator down further to get enough revs to go, and I can't get high revs, but just enough to drive, it seems to run okay, no misfiring or running roughly.
Has anyone else had this before? I'm just wondering whether it's a faulty camshaft sensor that needs replacing, and that the 2nd code is simply caused by it going into limp mode.
I've no idea about 3rd code!

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you manage to sort it out?
Nope! It's intermittent, maybe once a week or so. When it does it after I've driven a few miles, stop the car, and restart it most of the time it's okay again. A garage has said they would only be able to find out what's wrong while it was doing it, but even then it could be tricky to diagnose, and there's no point in replacing everything the fault codes suggest as it might not be any of them. It is driving me mad and it makes me nervous driving it as I use it for business (I'm a dog walker). I don't know what to do!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it's booked into a Vauxhall indie on the 16th March, they're brilliant. Just hope it lasts that long as it does seem to be getting worse and happening more often, and it's stressing me out driving it! Wonder whether it's ECU related as I know these fail, and it's weird that when I stop the car and restart it it stops doing it. Surely if it was a failed component, or even failing, that component would still be the same state on restarting?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts