Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

On my Astra J (not sure which version it is but it's an 11 plate picked up June 2011) and every now and then when I click my seatbelt in I can hear a noise coming from the EPB at the back left of the car. It's the same when you release it too.

Any idea what this is?

·
3,902 Posts
We did discuss this a while back, but I doubt I'd be able to find the thread. If I remember correctly we determined that once a certain set of conditions were complete, the EPB would "partly release" ready for drive-away. The conditions are something like engine running, in gear with clutch down and seatbelt on. If seatbelt is the last of those things that you do, then that's when you'll hear the partial release.

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
We did discuss this a while back, but I doubt I'd be able to find the thread. If I remember correctly we determined that once a certain set of conditions were complete, the EPB would "partly release" ready for drive-away. The conditions are something like engine running, in gear with clutch down and seatbelt on. If seatbelt is the last of those things that you do, then that's when you'll hear the partial release.
I've been wondering myself why it's a sometimes thing, but having read this it does make sense... will test it out tomorrow :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts