Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
A.O.N. Resident Kidnapper
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I recently sold my Eonon D5107 (had it in my old Astra H SRi) on and upon receipt the user said he believes the unit is faulty. I can't believe that to be true at all as it was working perfectly fine in my car. This is the unit in question:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...&sa=X&ei=ZQGfUvnqM-qN7QaYj4BI&ved=0CDEQ9QEwAA

Basically, once it's all connected up, the orange source light comes on, a noise (sounds like it's from a motor) occurs for a few seconds and then it cuts out. Same thing happens again if you press the reset button. The original radio works fine in the car.

So in essence I have two questions;

1. Does/should the Eonon D5107 unit fit a 61' Plate Astra Van? (The van shape and loom is the same as a 58' plate)
2. Does anyone think/know what any issue could be causing this?

TIA :)

·
Registered
32,559 Posts
Could it be a problem with the power source?

I never had this particular problem with my D5108 in my 54plate Astra H, but when I tried to fit a JVC headunit into my first 54 plate Astra H, the source light would light up, but it wouldn't do anything at all. If I then swapped the red & yellow bullet connectors, it was perfectly fine.

That makes me think it could be a power supply issue. I don't think there are bullet connectors on the Eonon loom, but might be worth checking. I've not looked that closely at an Eonon loom for at least a year or so. That said, the Eonon loom should be setup correctly. May be a fuse or something?

·
A.O.N. Resident Kidnapper
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could it be a problem with the power source?

I never had this particular problem with my D5108 in my 54plate Astra H, but when I tried to fit a JVC headunit into my first 54 plate Astra H, the source light would light up, but it wouldn't do anything at all. If I then swapped the red & yellow bullet connectors, it was perfectly fine.

That makes me think it could be a power supply issue. I don't think there are bullet connectors on the Eonon loom, but might be worth checking. I've not looked that closely at an Eonon loom for at least a year or so. That said, the Eonon loom should be setup correctly. May be a fuse or something?
Hey, thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Could it still be a possible power supply issue even though the standard radio works fine? Yeah I believe the eonon unit should be setup correctly, it slotted straight into my Astra and worked fine without tinkering. I'll get the guy to check the fuses as well. I'm just baffled that it's not working!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.