Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all!
I have problem on my Astra J Sports Tourer 1,7 CDTI (125 HP). When I am accelerating, especially in the morning when it's cold my whole dashboard trembles between 1800 and 2000 rpm. Only in that range, below 1800 and above 2000 everything is ok. I guess that trembles transferes from engine, but I can not detect what is cause of this.
Can anyone help me?

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
It could well be related to the clutch/gearbox. How many miles/kilometres are on the clock?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it is clutch or gearbox. Car has 130.000 km.
Maybe relevant thing is that trembling is strongest in the morning, when I travel to work and engine is still cold. In the afternoon when outside temperature is higher trembling is barely noticeable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it was clutch/gearbox wouldn't tremble be in all rpm's, not only between 1800 and 2000?
And they wouldn't stop when outside temperature is higher.
I also checket for errors with my ELM327, nothing was recorded.

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
That could easily be the point at which the clutch is labouring or slipping. The change could be attributed to the gearbox oil heating up and therefore reducing the load on the clutch

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,714 Posts
May actually be a characteristic of the engine, my dads Zafira with the 125 1.7 has an odd rattle under load between 1700 and 2200 which after word goes, not sure what causes it but it's never failed :shrug:

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
3,890 Posts
The 1.7CDTI is hardly the smoothest engine in the world, but it certainly shouldn't be making the dash tremble!

Have you had a look under the bonnet just to make sure everything looks secure in place? Engine mountings etc...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, i looked under hood, everything seems in place and tight. I checked mounts, they are rock solid. Friend told me that this could be case of water in fuel tank (fuel is very bad here in Croatia). Could this be it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts