Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all engine wouldn't start after Stop/start kicked, just would not turn over.
Had to turn engine of and on afew times for car to start any ideas what the problem is!!!!

Cheers

Daz

·
Registered
19 Posts
hi daz is your gtc a keyless entry ? my brother has a mk5 vxr keyless entry and push start . his was playin up and it was the codeing of the key that was the problem

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi all engine wouldn't start after Stop/start kicked, just would not turn over.
Had to turn engine of and on afew times for car to start any ideas what the problem is!!!!

Cheers

Daz
Hi mate.

This has happened on mine just the once.

Pressed the clutch to put into gear and move off but it didn't start. Mine resolved my taking my foot off the clutch and then stamping it down right to the floor!

Sticky switch maybe????

Dan

·
Registered
121 Posts
Well for **** sake cars not starting again, I've not got keyless entry, this is the third time is has happend and this time cannot get it started so have phone for help, will post what the problem is later

Cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
mine is doing the same thing - taken it in twice and dealer says they have not found anything wrong with it (so the diagnostics tells them).. got stuck at lights the other day and it just wouldn't start, not even removing the key and trying over and over.. same as you where it just wont tick over - almost as if the starter motor is dodgy..

happened yesterday again and recorded it on my phone to show the technician, booked it in for next Monday and refuse to take "there is nothing wrong" for an answer this time round as it is rather embarrassing when you need to get pushed out of the way at the lights...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like a dodgy clutch switch. There was a recall on the 2010 models for a brake & clutch switch replacement. Faulty switches caused cruise control malfunction issues. BCM updated with new software at the same time. Problem is reproducing the fault with the diagnostic connected to be sure that is the problem.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right cars in at VX the problem is to do with the throttle new part is on order so hopefully will sort problem out, if you come across this problem it's like the engine try's to start and then makes a whirling nose like there's no compression in the engine, hope this helps, will post proper name of problem and part when l pick the car up

Daz

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Right cars in at VX the problem is to do with the throttle new part is on order so hopefully will sort problem out, if you come across this problem it's like the engine try's to start and then makes a whirling nose like there's no compression in the engine, hope this helps, will post proper name of problem and part when l pick the car up

Daz
Glad you're finally getting it sorted

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had a chat with VX it's the throttle body that's at fault and guess what the parts on back order looking at 5th Oct before they recieved the part.

Daz

·
Registered
17 Posts
This just started happening to my GTC CDTi 2.0 as well. Twice so far, have to wait then 30 mins later it lets it start. Taking it back to the dealer in a couple weeks and will mention Broady's issue. Here's hoping they fix it quickly.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
car went in today after me showing them the video and they have diagnosed it as a starter motor issue - this differs from what your exact same problem was diagnosed as so we will i suppose see whos does it again..

one thing i know is i will be livid if mine does - cant handle another day with a 1ltr corsa..!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi!
I've the same problem i guess.
From diagnostic it looks like they didn't find anything.
They told me that probably it was to recalibrate the clutch pedal after the ECU update.
But I have still the same problem.
I have the GTC 2.0 start&stop as well. (7 month / 19.000 km)
To restart it, im used to go out from the car close it with the remote controller, wait until leds on dashboard are switched off, open the car and try to restart the engine.
Until now this procedure worked.

By the way, did u solved replacing the throttle body?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts