Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey, first off thanks for taking the time to read my post.
I brought an Astra GTC 2.0T 2013 at the end of last year, apperently it had a full service and MOT before i brought it, however 2 months after owning the car i got the classic DPF overheating (engine temp shot up car took HOURS to cool down, when i finally could get it going again was firing on 1 cylinder and billowing smoke out the back) anyway after taking it to the garage (its a trusted garage) and having both new valve and a new sensor fitted car was running fine (always runs bang on 90 degrees).

This is where it gets interesting, i was coming home from work doing about 80 on the motorway in 6th gear just crusing, and as i start to slow down for my junction, bang get a warning message "engine overheated turn engine off" so i pulled over, checked coolant and oil both fine. waited a good hour, and turned the ignition, car temp was at 70 degees but as soon as i turned it on it shot back up to 130 and started missfiring and went to cut out.

Now my question, if i only ever drive down the motorway, doing good enough speeds to get the regeneration going, and ive just 3 months ago had a brand new DPF fitted (they should last 100,000miles) will there be an underlying issue that is causing the DPF to not clear itself? i mean i only ever drive at 60+mph so the regen should be fine? im just at a loss to how the DPF could have gone after 5000 miles? surely thats not enough enough milage for it clog if it wasnt clearing itself?

thanks for advice or insight you could provide.

Edit: Car has now been fixed, the problem ended up being the exhaust temp. sensor.

One happy astra owner :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I’ve had the exact same problem, changed the exhaust temp sensor and about six months later the problem came back.

Did it reappear for you as well?
Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts