Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my car yesterday and all of a sudden the engine warning light came on and the car went into a limp mode Sort of thing with no power.

What could be causing this?

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
Many many many things. Have you done a pedal test or tried a code reader? How were you driving? Any unusual noises? Has it got oil, fuel, coolant? How many miles on the clock? When was it serviced? Is it in good condition? What condition are the EGR, boost pressure sensor, inlet manifold and swirl bar in?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many many many things. Have you done a pedal test or tried a code reader? How were you driving? Any unusual noises? Has it got oil, fuel, coolant? How many miles on the clock? When was it serviced? Is it in good condition? What condition are the EGR, boost pressure sensor, inlet manifold and swirl bar in?
Yeah sorry that was a very vague post haha.

Pedal test brought up these codes

I was on a dual carriage way when it happened in 6th gear doing about 50mph. All levels are fine and cars on about 82k. Everything has been cleaned recently but the swirl bar does keep falling off from time to time.

I had a little fiddle around in the engine bay and the light has now gone out. Car is driving fine but I am worried it might happen again

·
15,040 Posts
P2075 is swirl actuator. If the bar is falling off then the flaps are jamming. The actuator is only connected to one of them though and plenty of people leave the bar off, but ultimately, to stop it recurring, you'll need a new manifold.

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
The other two codes are for the immobiliser and probably not relevant. The manifold will likely be your problem.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright, was hoping that it wouldnt come to that but looks like its going to have to be sorted out then. Any idea how much it would be roughly for a new manifold?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts