Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day driving up a hill the car with a spanner lit up on my dashboard... I done the pedal test and got the following codes
21911 & 218217. The car still seems to run fine and isn't in limp mode.

I can't find any information on the first code but I believe the 2nd one is for a coolant temperature sensor being faulty.

has anyone else experienced this and what was done to rectify it?

I've had the battery out to have a look and there's a sensor plugged into what I think is the thermostat, which is on the gearbox side of the engine block, it doesn't have a nut to remove it so I think to change it I would need to replace the whole thermostat... (probably costly).

I've found another sensor on the timing belt side of the radiator which has a nut, so I think that would just be a case of removing with a spanner.

The car is a 2009 astra sport hatch 1.6 Z16XER engine (115) with 43k miles

Any help would be much appreciated I'm hoping to do the work myself :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
p2191
system too lean at higher load bank 1

Fuel pressure - injectors - intake leak

p2182

engine coolant temp ect sensor 2 circuit malfunction

wiring ect sensor

info from autodata 3.38

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks kj56

I've done some more research and I think 21911 is P0219 (as its only 5 digits I think its missing the 0 at the start and its the first 4 digits for the fault code from what I've been reading....
P0219 is for the engine over revving which sounds about right, about a year ago I went into the wrong gear and the engine revs went past the redline, think this is just an old code.

P2182 - I found a vauxhall workshop manual http://vauxhall.workshop-manuals.com/astra-h/index.php?id=5692
with the remedy for that fault, So ive ordered up a new sensor (one in bottom of radiator), new wiring harness and two terminals and heatshrink... at the cost of £34.07 hopefully all goes to plan when I try and fit them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts