Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a used 67 plate SRI NAV 1.4T (18k miles). About a week ago I was barely 1/4 mile in to my journey when the collision avoidance system flashed up and said it wasn't available, and the engine management light was flashing at the same time. I pulled over immediately and powered down and restarted. No reoccurrence. I continued my journey and have driven it several times in the last week and it still hasn't come back on. Car driving as normal.

I'm still nervously waiting to see if it comes back. Is it worth taking it in to Vauxhall or just wait and see? Would they even find a code if they attempted to find one?

Thanks in advance 馃檪

Registered
That's a strange combination of warnings to be on,
if you don't have the correct code reading gear to do it yourself i would wait and see,
a dealer will likely charge you 拢90-拢120 to do a diagnosis,painful enough but worse if they can't find anything.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you yes I'm tempted to just leave it for now and see if it comes back with any other noticeable symptoms. I've read on a couple forums suggesting the collision avoidance being unavailable plus engine light flashing means it's in limp mode.

Registered
It could be that some systems are disabled and flash awarning due to being in limp mode,
did you not notice if the power was down or revs limited before turning the ignition off ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No nothing like that. I barely drove it a few yards before pulling over anyway, so there wasn't enough time for me to tell whether there was any power loss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts