Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I just had my exhaust replaced on my Astra Design (2007). Problem is, the day after, the engine light came on. Did the pedal check to get any fault codes, came up with these in this order 059671, 013604, 003608. I did some digging and found out that the last two relate to O2 sensors in the exhaust, and the first is something to do with the thermostat. My questions are, could the exhaust replacement have caused the O2 sensor failure, and could I get the people who did it to sort it out for free? And also, can I run the car until Saturday when I gat paid and can get the car to a garage?
Thanks for any assistance in advance.
Andy Knight

·
Registered
12 Posts
You remove the rear O2 sensor and put it on a new pipe? You didn't damage it? If the sensor is good, there are errors because you didn't disconnect the battery during sensor removal. At least the ones related to it. If all goes well, they should disappear after about twenty starts of the engine.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You remove the rear O2 sensor and put it on a new pipe? You didn't damage it? If the sensor is good, there are errors because you didn't disconnect the battery during sensor removal. At least the ones related to it. If all goes well, they should disappear after about twenty starts of the engine.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Well I hope the guys who did it knew what they were doing. Thanks for the relatively good news.
Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts