Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I have a quastion for you guys
Can i install engine block heater in my astra 1.9 16V?
Is it better to buy genuine parts from GM or something from e-bay ?

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
it is an option, it is also an after market option.

Unfortunately, its not something we ever use in the UK so i doubt many members will have much knowledge of it.

your dealer might know more, and i think its available as a kit of parts, but there was more than one type, some have an electrical socket in the front bumper that you plug into the house, and I think some of them burn diesel.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is an option, it is also an after market option.

Unfortunately, its not something we ever use in the UK so i doubt many members will have much knowledge of it.

your dealer might know more, and i think its available as a kit of parts, but there was more than one type, some have an electrical socket in the front bumper that you plug into the house, and I think some of them burn diesel.
The disel heater is very expensive (Webasto 1300€ +), i was thinkig about electric heater that you plug into the house. In our country winters can get very cold (-15°C).
Maybe some of you guys from Canada(if there is any) would know the part number of the heater? 55567655 ?
Have a nice day:)

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
thats actually pretty cheap, but is a standard part that will need more effort to fit, but if you are comfortable with it good luck :)

I wish we had it over here, not that it gets espeically cold, -15 at the very most but it would be nice to have the car warm straight away

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats actually pretty cheap, but is a standard part that will need more effort to fit, but if you are comfortable with it good luck :)

I wish we had it over here, not that it gets espeically cold, -15 at the very most but it would be nice to have the car warm straight away
The only thing i'm worried about is if it will work properly:)

·
15,092 Posts
I can only see two numbers shown, 9117969, which is listed as the heater, and 9163238 which is shown as an installing kit.

Quite expensive though, and not used in the UK so unlikely to be available through any UK dealers.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can only see two numbers shown, 9117969, which is listed as the heater, and 9163238 which is shown as an installing kit.

Quite expensive though, and not used in the UK so unlikely to be available through any UK dealers.
How much does it cost ?

·
Registered
314 Posts
A Webasto unit would be better then if your parked away from home it can be set to come on at intervals to keep the temp up during cold snaps.

Plenty on e bay don't bother with your vx dealer they don't have a clue and get in webasto service crew.

Erbespacher also make similar units.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A Webasto unit would be bet:mrgreen:ter then if your parked away from home it can be set to come on at intervals to keep the temp up during cold snaps.

Plenty on e bay don't bother with your vx dealer they don't have a clue and get in webasto service crew.

Erbespacher also make similar units.
I was looking for webasto/erbespacher to. New one is very expensive :'(
On e-bay I found only the heater's. I would like the whole kit, if you know i mean ( heater, clock, vater pump, fuil pump..)
Do you know were to look ?:D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts