Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had an error light appear and found a code of P2182-14 which is Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor.

When I looked at the overflow water bottle it had a bit of brown scum floating in it. So I pulled everything apart to clean it out and found the thermostat was broken, both of the rubber gaskets had perished.

I replaced the thermostat which also has a new sensor in it and cleared the code but it re-appeared.

I then replaced the sensor in the radiator but still have the same result.

Any ideas what I should be looking at next, it has the Z18XER engine??

·
Registered
746 Posts
If you only replaced the stat,the part you thought was the temp sensor is actually the stat heater,
the sensor is in the lower part of the housing (see pic)
However on the Z16XER I have seen this code due to broken wiring to the temp sensor in the radiator so i see no reason why the Z18XER cannot suffer the same issue so definitely worth a check first.

XER&XEP Thermosta.png

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply.

I did take that sensor out and gave it a clean but as I had already replaced two others I thought maybe it was something else that is triggering the code.

Would you know the part number for that temp sensor?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, thanks for your help.

How is your knowledge on another code, while having a tinker around today I connected the opcom up and got a new code P0011-66 Intake Camshaft Phasing Mechanical Reference Position (Bank 1).

Not sure if the first problem has triggered this one somehow or not?

·
Registered
746 Posts
It can be down to a few things,
oil low,oil pressure low,blocked filter on the solenoid,faulty solenoid,blocked oil passage to the phaser,valve timing,something on the FE26 circuit dragging the feed down etc etc,
handily the solenoids are the same for inlet and exhaust,so i usually pull the solenoids out,check for any crud/blockages and clean, then fit the solenoids back in the other position,if the code changes to a P0013 or 14 you know it's the solenoid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update on the P0011-66 problem.

I took both solenoids out, the inlet had some of the filters missing but the exhaust one was still intack.

Took all the filters off both solenoids and re-installed to see if it that was the problem but no luck it keeps triggering back.

Just replaced both of them with new solenoids but looks like it may have been a waste of time and money as the code keeps showing up, although this time it has only lit the spanner light not the engine light like it did before.

Could the problem be something mechanical not electrical?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts