Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ppl , i have a 1.7 dti mk4, am looking to put a bigger far more powerful engine in it so can any one tell me wot are my options , wot engine wil drop in and how much work is involved and rough guidelines of how it is doe, basically need help to get ball rolling and i can sort the rest oncce i know wot to go for , can get hold of a 2.0dti is this engine worth dropping in and wil it go straight in and loom up cheers guys:)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
what about putting the vectra 2.2 dti lump in? couldnt help you on advice but im pretty sure you could pick up a donor car cheap enough.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know any thing about the vectra 2.2 dti lump does it have much more poke that the astra 2.0dti ? would need to know bout mounts etc etc

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
the vectra 2.2 is a 123bhp lump but its a diffrent box

but possible the same mounts as the 2.0dti which they fitted in astra's

other engines than can be made to fit are erm

2.0dti, 1.7cdti, c20let, z20let, vxr engine would go in to as could possibly a 1.9cdti but thats never been tired :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
c20let

ok mate c20 let was on the cards so do you know any thing about the mounting of the engine and all the other bits and bobs that are involved with the conversion would nned to know every thing thanks matey :)

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
no idea mate buying total vaxuhall would be a start nearly always a c20let conversion in there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts