Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have a 2008 petrol Astra club and all was fine when I left it outside my house. The next morning when leaving for work the car was misfiring and the engine was bogging at low rpm. Once the engine had reached an RPM of around 3000-3500 it seemed fine. I took it to a garage to get it code read and the issues sorted. The car threw back a whole host of electrical faults, none related to the engine. Such as headlight malfunction, indicator malfunction, and central locking. To my knowledge, all these things worked fine. The mechanic went through changing plugs and the coil pack and a bunch of other things, which helped slightly but didn't get rid of the major issues of the misfiring and bogging. It stumped the mechanic. After getting a second person to look at it, they mentioned looking at the VVT plug, not sure what this exactly but it seemed to be a system to allow oil to flow at higher RPMS. Once removed, the engine ran fine. So I was okay with ordering a new plug and having it installed. After it was installed the mechanic decided to test drive the car and see if it was fixed. It ran fine until he got back into his shop and the problems presented themselves again. After putting the car back on the code reader a whole bunch of other codes were thrown up, for instance, misfire on cylinders 1 and 4, exhaust cam sensor, front o2 sensor, and can bus node no communication.. the issues would come and go intermittently. The mechanic has run out of options, being a friend of mine and not the best at electrical issues. They believe that it is an electrical issue and I'm no mechanic so I haven't got a clue what's going on. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts