Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening guys. I've only had my sporthatch 3 weeks now and already the gap in the front arch is doing my head in lol. Don't get me wrong i love the way it handles and rides as standard just looks to high. So i'm looking for a spring kit that wont ruin the ride quality and give me back ache also ear ache of the missus just one that will lower it slighty.

So is the eibach pro-kit for me? What is the ride quality like on these springs? Whats your views guys? Help me out please.

Cheers, Nick

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
i have the pro kit on my car. (cant give you a link to pics as im using my phone) but if you search for VENOM you will find the pics.
Being honest. The ride is a little harder but not that bad at all. The handling is much better. :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have the pro kit on my car. (cant give you a link to pics as im using my phone) but if you search for VENOM you will find the pics.
Being honest. The ride is a little harder but not that bad at all. The handling is much better. :D
HERC, just looked through some of your pictures and you have one stunning astra mate and the eibachs just bring it down enough.

One more question have you fitted the camber adjustment bolts on your struts or left them. Do you get any uneven tyre wear and did you fit the springs yourself?

Your help much appreciated(Y)

Cheers, Nick

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
I took the camber adjustment bolts to te garage that fitted my springs but they said I didn't need them,
BUT, lots of people here will say you do, so if you are in any doubt I would say ask an mechanic that you trust...

So Far, after around 14K I have no uneven tyre wear, and all is good, but I have swaped my tyres (front to back and back to front) 3 times since the springs were fitted

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Sorry, but anyone that says the ride is unchanged, or only changed a little is living in cloud cuckoo land. Everyone that rides in my car comments on the stiff ride to the point where my wife hates being a passenger in it. You WILL feel every bump in the road. That said, I agree that standard, the gap in the arches are way too huge. The car handles great on the pros but the ride is turning into a real negative now for me. If I was looking to changethe suspension again, I'd be looking at the vxr springs which will take care of the gap and I would image would still give quite a comfortable ride.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Sorry, but anyone that says the ride is unchanged, or only changed a little is living in cloud cuckoo land. Everyone that rides in my car comments on the stiff ride to the point where my wife hates being a passenger in it. You WILL feel every bump in the road. That said, I agree that standard, the gap in the arches are way too huge. The car handles great on the pros but the ride is turning into a real negative now for me. If I was looking to changethe suspension again, I'd be looking at the vxr springs which will take care of the gap and I would image would still give quite a comfortable ride.
Lol this putting me of now from getting new springs and keep my vxr springs:look:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol this putting me of now from getting new springs and keep my vxr springs:look:
Lol just put me right off aswell. Will vxr springs look right on mine being a 1.8 petrol? Heard storys that it won't sit right because of the engine weight :confused: I've heard that vxr spring only go well with turbo engines and diesal?

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm with HERC and CraigVXR on this one i find the ride comfortable enough, a bit harder than standard but thats why you are fitting them. When you push the car then they really work well. If you want to lower the car then you may have to sacrifice a bit of comfort IMO

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Not trying to put anyone off, but I hear time and time again that it doesn't affect the ride, but It does. It's not gonna shake your fillings out, but you will feel a lot more of the road.

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Lee)
1,835 Posts
:sus: :sus: :sus: :sus:

Im with the others.

Ride comfort is good for me.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I have the pro kit also http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/home.php?cat=2239
Awesome ive allways used eibachs best springs in the world ive got progressive rate springs so the top of the spring is still soft but when you boot it it stiffens up still very comfy but firmer just feels more positive in steering etc had these on my H now for 3 yrs awesome kit.
hope this helps

·
Registered
26,209 Posts
I have the Eibach Sportline kit and YES you do feel EVERY bump on the road, the ride is quite stiff, but the car looks great and for now thats all i care about.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Evening guys. I've only had my sporthatch 3 weeks now and already the gap in the front arch is doing my head in lol. Don't get me wrong i love the way it handles and rides as standard just looks to high. So i'm looking for a spring kit that wont ruin the ride quality and give me back ache also ear ache of the missus just one that will lower it slighty.

So is the eibach pro-kit for me? What is the ride quality like on these springs? Whats your views guys? Help me out please.

Cheers, Nick
Here is mine on the eibach pro which droped mine 40mm front and 30mm rear. Bear in mind though that i have a heavy diesel engine!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Nick SRi said he's buying the Pro-kit, but do you not have the sportlines fitted?

Sportlines lower the car more so there is always going to be a rougher ride with those, the pro-kit is thought to be the best balance between ride comfort and handling.

EDIT: just checked you have the Pro-kit, just that I seen 'Prolines' next to your avatar

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
Just to clarify,
The ride HAS been altered, it is stiffer than standard and there is a noticible difference, but in the real world I have no issues with day to day driving,
Yes I have to crawl over speed bumps and Yes I have not been in a multi story since having them fitted, but I still would not go back,

If you are still having doubts, then can I suggest that you go foa a ride in a car with them fitted to see what you think for yourself (Y)

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Aland, As per my post and the info alongside my avatar, I have pro lines. I have no doubt they offer the best balance of ride and handling, still don't make em comfortable. I suspect most people overlook the stiff ride due to the improvement in looks and handling. I did until people started commenting. Literally everyone who goes in my car comments on it.
As someone previously said, if you want to improve handling, you've got to sacrifice some comfort. And as I said previously, it won't shake your fillings out but you will feel every bump. Whether it's because I've got the heavy diesel compressing the springs more I don't know. I assume not though as there are different springs for different models. Maybe I'm just getting old :lol:

·
Registered
912 Posts
yeah it might be different depending what engine you have, I'll be ordering the Pro-kit soon and they are the same part no. for the 1.9 cdti and 2.0t.

Hopefully when I get mine fitted it won't affect me parking in the multi storey, just need to take it easy.

Had a look and your car sits nice on the eibach's(Y)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got the pro springs on my 5 door and theres very little difference in ride comfort. My other half uses the car 90% of the time and she didnt actually notice I'd lowered it til I told her. She doesn't care what it looks like but shows how little difference in comfort there is. Very good quality springs for the money.

·
Registered
19 Posts
yeah it might be different depending what engine you have, I'll be ordering the Pro-kit soon and they are the same part no. for the 1.9 cdti and 2.0t.

Hopefully when I get mine fitted it won't affect me parking in the multi storey, just need to take it easy.

Had a look and your car sits nice on the eibach's(Y)
I have no problems with clearance.. been in plenty multi stories and it clears the biggest of speed bumps without even going over at an angle. 30mm really isn't much.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts