Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just got my EGR valve off for cleaning.... i know there's 2 gasket's and i defo dropped the square one (luckily i've found that one), is the oval shapped gasket one that can't be removed? moves up n down pipe to mainfold but ridge on top so don't come off?

If not i think i'll have to get hunting........:mad:

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
I would start hunting buddy, the oval one comes off if I remember rightly

·
15,092 Posts
The oval slidey bit is just the flange, there should be a black gasket as well, made of the same stuff as the square one.

They do tend to stick to one face or the other so it might still be there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just double checked and it's not there......damn :mad:

At least it's still ight outside....Thanks guys

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok..... so iv been out looking for the oval gasket for 25 minutes i know i defo dropped the square one which was pretty easy to find.... i've looked everywhere but nothing :mad:

so i decided to undo the 2 bolts which hold the oval flange just to make sure it wasn't stuck on and still nothing....but on undoing the 2 bolts i distinctly remember pacing my 2 fingers underneath the EGR when removing it and the gasket wasn't there then :confused:

So the EGR was pretty clean for 30K and i know i havn't had it off before so maybe the previous owner cleaned it and lost it otherwise i don't know??

Anyway this has got me seriously confused as i know it wasn't there when i took it off but it should be there :confused: now im questioning myself :sus:

What should i do... just pop down to the dealer and buy the gasket? anyone know the part number? i assume it's safe to drive without it...dealer is only 10 minutes away

·
15,092 Posts
93178885 I think.

As it's potentially been running for a while without it I wouldn't have thought an extra 10 mins is going to hurt ;) (Y)

Any decent dealer should have these in stock.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks... first thing i do in the morning.... especially as the cars under warranty and if the EGR goes and they notice it's not there they probably ask me to cough up some pennies...

Thanks again

·
15,092 Posts
Wouldn't have thought so. It's only a better seal between the flange and valve which would be pretty good anyway.

·
Registered
355 Posts
part numbers for egr gaskets 1.9 150 bhp z1.9dth model 93178885 £0.95p and 93181665 £2.74 + 15% vat comes to £4.24 from vxl dealer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts