Astra Owners Network banner

EGR Valve Clean, Replace Or Blank?

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Troubleman 
#1 ·
I have read all the relevant posts & I still seem to be a bit confused :confused:

I own a 2004 Astra G Estate 1.7DTi with the Z1.7DTL engine with 94k on the clock. The car does about 20-25k a year but is fully serviced according to schedule. In the 3 years I have owned the car the emissions light has always come on & off, strangely disappearing after any work being done on the car but then reappearing later. Recently is on 90% of the time, there does not seem to be any problem with fuel consumption & the car passed its emissions (with the light on) part of the MOT 2 weeks ago. I had a Tech 2 test by Vauxhall that found the trouble codes P0400 (Exhaust gas re-circulation flow excessive - detected) & P0105 (Boost pressure sensor circuit R/P). They quoted me £449.22 for fitting & supply of a new EGR valve & Boost pressure sensor.

Bit skint as usual!

So...............

Should I clean the EGR out myself (not very confident having looked at the photos & description)?
Blank the EGR off?
Buy a 2nd hand EGR valve?
Or just be prepared to spend the money?

Any advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Just clean it and blank it but blanking will keep light on. Guess the egr is getting stuck open.
It is simples to do and save you that money also dothe boost sensor but not sure this will help your boost problem.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.