Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, had EGR blocked off so EML is on, does anyone know where i can get the map for it?/what i have to do? cheers

·
15,092 Posts
The EDS map that Regal sell with the IPF has a no EGR option. Or Chris was arranging a standard 150PS map without EGR, there was a thread in Diesel tuning I think. (Y)

·
15,092 Posts
Yes, with a blanked EGR it will always have an insufficient flow code which will put the light on and also it will be running on default settings I think.

The only way to turn it off is to make the engine forget about the EGR using the software and then delete the code.

The IPF is about £500 though :eek:

Thinking I might have to go down the same route - I have the original spec EGR and I'm sure it's sticking at getting a flat spot at 2k. Not bothering with the new type ones cause they're rubbish so the next step is to map it out. Dear Father Christmas...

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i get flat spot at 2k too, was worried its the turbo! how can i make it forget? tech2? thanks for ur help :)

·
15,092 Posts
Not sure if the non-EGR maps can be put on with Tech 2 or not. Certainly Vauxhall can't do it because the EGR is required to comply with the Euro IV emissions from what I understand so all their software has to have it.

All that happens is the EGR section is just not present in the new software so the engine effectively doesn't know it's there so therefore it never opens and so never sticks.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah yeah, i know vx moaned when i asked if they had a blanking gasket, n can fail an mot with it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts