Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Like many, I've taken the EGR valve off my 1.9CDTi 150 to clean it out. Was very badly gunked up - the worse I've seen and I've done this a few times on a few cars.

After putting everything back together though, the EML was on. Pedal test brought back ECN 040004 and my scanner says it's EGR. There was no fault or EML before and it clears once but comes back as pending so next time the car is switched on, it comes back.

I've checked everything is tight, gaskets are on, and the valve moved fine after cleaning. Electrical connector is in correctly too. Any ideas? I've found a few threads like this but they don't seem to have an answer as to the resolution.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Right, so I've sorted it. Thought I'd put it here in case anyone else goes through the same.

When I originally put the electrical connector back on, I thought it had a lot of resistance and I had to really force it on. What I had done (unknowingly) was push the two pins on the EGR side of the connector and they had bent downwards, so weren't making contact with the connector on the loom. Long nose pliers to straighten them out, connected back up, cleared the code through my scanner, now all OK.

So look out for this if you have this issue after cleaning!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts