Astra Owners Network banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts
Can someone please clarify if this is easy to do on a 1.7 and any hints and tips if its different from the 1.9. I would like to give this a go but dont feel confident if I dont know exactly what i'm doing. My car, plus me, plus tools = a recipe for disaster...unless instructions are followed to the letter :shrug:

Hi guys, Since reading a similar thread on here now I do mine every 6-7 months or so. Really easy to do but as mine is a 56 and now warrenty expired is it worth buting a new syle one ??

Also can anyone explain the bit about drilling holes, how and where is this done and more pics would be helpful.

Thanks

I cleaned my EGR, however when you split it by removing the 4 screws, it was all clean (suspected the valve being jammed) and a little above 2k all the power came, now that I have had a new inlet manifold fitted as the all know Swirl Flaps issue, (timing belt and water pump fitted) I have just bought a new EGR cost me £80 off the famous action site.

So hopefully all will be good and I can turn my Green DTUK Box up a little.

PS : Out of interest does the DTUK box cause any extra strain or damage to the new EGR, Inlet Manifold or other Engine components.

a5tr4

Yeah it will through up a fault code and show the eml.
How do you get rid of that ?

VX bring out updates for the ecu software, similar to what microsoft do for windows.
So everytime a problem occurs, that's a common fault they write a bit of software and hey presto - FIXED. How do you know how upto date your own vehicle is ?

How do you get rid of that ?

So everytime a problem occurs, that's a common fault they write a bit of software and hey presto - FIXED. How do you know how upto date your own vehicle is ?
You won't be able to get rid of it, as with the egr un plugged, it will be an ongoing fault as far as the ecu is concerned.

Think the only way to know if using tech2 with vx technicians have, and so do a number of chaps on here i.e. stampede, pecky.

Ive recently had this problem and I have taken the EGR valve off and have given it a thorough clean but what do I do with the engine side? I did use a screw driver and gave it a bit of a clean but didnt know if it was safe to spray carb cleaner in as I dint want all the carbon build up going inside. Reading on the EGR problems/symptoms Ive cleaned the EGR valve but I think my problem lies on the engine side. Any tips/ideas or even a guide on how to clean the engine side?? A picture of what im talking about is below. Can anyone help??

Anyone know the cure or a soloution to this? If im not wrong the pictured area is the manifold. Can this be taken off easily or would you say somone with little mechanical knowledge would regret an attempt to take it apart to clean?

No problem if any of the soot or carbon cleaner goes into the manifold - the soot would have made its way into the engine away if it hadn't have become stuck in the EGR ports.

To thoroughly clean the ports, it is necessary to remove the throttle body.

No problem if any of the soot or carbon cleaner goes into the manifold - the soot would have made its way into the engine away if it hadn't have become stuck in the EGR ports.

To thoroughly clean the ports, it is necessary to remove the throttle body.
Thank you for the informed reply, do you know if there is a guide on how to take the manifold off by any chance?

81 - 100 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.