Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
right up front: EVERYBODY DRIVES DIFFERENTLY! These are MY figures and are indicative of MY driving and MY car:

Total distance with ECO 3 box: 949.5625 miles
MPG for that distance (average): 48.28

Total distance in STANDARD form: 569.0626 miles
MPG for that distance (Average) : 49.39

The standard figure is one tank of fuel, and given the slow time it takes to trickle fill to the brim, I can't be 100% sure I've filled to the same point every time - but it should be fairly close.

So, that means the ECO3 is a fraction LESS economical in my current driving - but that small ammount 1mpg +/- is not statistically relevant. I have driven MORE town miles with the eco3 on than without it so it will cancel out.

I will happily trade off a couple of MPG for the increased driveability of the vehicle though.

IF you are fortunate enough to have a steady 50mph run to/from work with little of no stopping, I would think that the ECO 3 will give better mpg. The only way for me to be empirical would be to run the car for 10 FULL tanks with the box, and 10 full tanks without the box and see what the averages were then.

I have one set of figures for the ECO 3 that are 50.92 mpg, and that was the cruise to/from work ONLY with no stop/start to speak of involved.

So, to re iterate, these figures are for MY car, driven by ME and are NOT INDICATIVE OF WHAT ANYBODY ELSE MAY GET FROM THEIR CAR.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Were these figures worked out or taken from the OBC?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FIgures done from filling, writing down mileage on odometer and the fuel added to tank.

Using metric as she is done in Aus, the OBC shows 5.4l/100km for 'un eco' and 4.6l/100km 'eco'. We all know the OBC is confused when an tuning box is fitted!

Using the 'wite it down' method is going to be a little more accurate than the OBC will. According to the OBC, I was able to travel another 90km on the fuel in the tank, and I put 51.9l in the 52l tank.... Mind you, the 52l is supposed to be when the filler 'clicks' and shuts off. I then trickle another 1 or 2l in on top of that - I used to regularly put 95l into the 88l tank on my Discovery (with some shaking to get ALL the air out of the tank/filler), but only when I was driving several hundred km immediately.

I wonder if it can be easily calibrated for the eco box?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
but member that you need 2 turn the box up to get better mpg as in the more power the better.

i only got like 47mpg from setting 9 ut im getting like 50 from setting A

If i drive it normaly and not pushing it

oo also were you using the pedal in the same way std or with the box on

for example if you were to put your foot down 1/4 with the box of and then when using the box also put your foot down 1/4 you will use more fuel as you will be going faster..

i found that i had to drive the car softer with the box on because driving it the same with as std i used more fuel (but more fun)

one more thing i find that yes it uses more fuel when wacking your foot down but it cancles it out when your going a steady speed so ends up about the same mpg, but you have had more fun getting to the speed limit hehe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts