Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Have had my astra bout a year and half now and only just joining the site :D
I recently seen a video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5am_7dpsU4 and thought to myself mmm that would be nice!!!:love:
Just wanna know what peoples views are on those eco3 tuning boxes?
Do they do harm to the clutch/gearbox/turbo??? Do they make the car smoky?
Thankyou! :)

·
Premium Member
40,693 Posts
Hello and welcome (Y)

Have a look in the diesel tuning section.

The gearboxes/clutch etc etc go on standard cars too. If you drive like a plant then they are going to get extra wear and tear. I've had a DTUK Red box on since 10,000 miles, I'm currently on 107k and still no issues. Plus that's in a Zafira which is like having an Astra with moby **** (whale) on the roof!

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Welcome to AON :wave:

Smokey... depends how high you set it... If too high, then it'll smoke like a beast... but shouldn't be too bad if you tinker with the settings. Mine smokes a bit, but is set fairly high I think...

Gearbox is a bit weak, but to be honest, they have problems from standard. If you treat it well, give it a bit of mechanical sympathy, then you should be onto a winner. As for other components, no, not really. The 1.9's handle the power quite well (Y)

I fitted my box at about 135-140kish... it's now on 165k and only needed an EGR cooler pipe, which I don't believe at all was caused by the box, just general corrosion over the years and high mileage. (Y)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts