Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my ecu has gone up the shot on my 08 twintop. Does anyone know how much it’s going to cost and if its worth taking mine out and getting a new one?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
A new one will likely cost an arm and a leg although some may be cheaper depending which engine this is,
a used re-set one is the most economical way but regardless it will need programming in and you will need the cars security code to do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A new one will likely cost an arm and a leg although some may be cheaper depending which engine this is,
a used re-set one is the most economical way but regardless it will need programming in and you will need the cars security code to do it.
I’ve got a 1.9. How do i find out what the car’s security code is? And is it hard to program?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
The security code is on a credit card sized card usually kept with the service books,
it can also be got from a dealer for some cash and proof of ownership,obviously they can only supply the code the car left the factory with and if someone has changed the modules to those from a different car then it gets more difficult.
The programming itself is easy but you do need the right equipment,either tech 2 or opcom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The security code is on a credit card sized card usually kept with the service books,
it can also be got from a dealer for some cash and proof of ownership,obviously they can only supply the code the car left the factory with and if someone has changed the modules to those from a different car then it gets more difficult.
The programming itself is easy but you do need the right equipment,either tech 2 or opcom
Okay thank you so much

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Several places will diagnose and try and repair ECUs. Post it off to them recorded delivery and all being well in a few days they'll return it to you.
A friend of mine used to use a company in Birmingham when he was in the car trade. Wasn't that expensive either, and an added bonus was that as it was your ECU, it didn't require programming back into the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Several places will diagnose and try and repair ECUs. Post it off to them recorded delivery and all being well in a few days they'll return it to you.
A friend of mine used to use a company in Birmingham when he was in the car trade. Wasn't that expensive either, and an added bonus was that as it was your ECU, it didn't require programming back into the car.
Sounds perfect. I’ll look into that thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts