Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 08 reg Astra 1.8 petrol and they only sell E10 petrol where I live now, I was using E5 petrol previously. I have just filled up and noticed the change, will this cause any problems or harm to the engine. Will it run on E10 Petrol without any problems, thank you.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i'm sure it will be ok,have you checked in the owners handbook ?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
The only Vauxhall petrol engine that will be affected by E10 petrol is the 2.2 direct injection engine as it will destroy the rubber diaphragms inside the high pressure fuel pump.

This engine isn't used in the J model btw. You can double check though at Check if your vehicle can run on E10 petrol

You can use super unleaded instead of E10 fuel though.

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
393 Posts
i'm sure it will be ok,have you checked in the owners handbook ?
is new petrol E10 its replacing E5

checks if the vehicle runs on E10>

this is what i found....

What is E10 fuel?

E10 petrol contains up to 10% renewable ethanol, compared to 5% currently, which is added to help reduce CO2 emissions1 , according to the Department for Transport. E10 petrol is compatible with almost all (95%)1 petrol-powered vehicles on the road today, including all cars built since 2011.

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
393 Posts
Hello I have a 08 reg Astra 1.8 petrol and they only sell E10 petrol where I live now, I was using E5 petrol previously. I have just filled up and noticed the change, will this cause any problems or harm to the engine. Will it run on E10 Petrol without any problems, thank you.
already selling?? i thought starts in september

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
393 Posts
read here..

old cars fuel line and filter

fuel problems with fuel lines and filters being eaten through by E10

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
E10 also only has a short shelf life. Les than 3 months I've heard.

No good for lawn mowers, and other petrol driven gardening equipment that gets stored over winter.

No good for classic vehicles either.

Typically trying to save the planet is going to cost the motorist yet again by having to buy more expensive super unleaded, or additives.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just been using E10 for 3 weeks in my Astra H and the car won’t start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What engine has your H got in it? If it's the 2.2, then E10 is unsuitable for it as it destroys the high pressure fuel pump.
It’s the 1.8 automatic transmission.

I don’t think they should be telling owners with engines over 100k to use this stuff. It’s like saying the transmission fluid never needs changing because it’s a lifetime fluid. Yet the transmission warranty is only 70,000 miles! Just a scam.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts