Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I've sold my 2008 Astra 1.9 150 sri and now need to sell the Tuning box. It made a huge difference and totally changed the feel of the car. No problems at all - quite easy to install/take off for servicing etc. Happy to fit it to anyone who buys it locally.
It is the CRD2 (not the later 09 version) but it does have the map designed especially for DPF cars.
It comes with all cables (not box unfortunately).
If you would like it let me know!
Many thanks,
Laurence

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
Might be wise to put a picture up as the CRD2 came out in 09 but you say it isnt the 09 version?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey,
is the 59 Plate 'H' the same as the 08 plate? If so then yes - sorry I can't remember off the top of my head but if it's the 1.9 150 then they only do one engine of that so it will fit fine.
I shall put a photo up when I get home tonight of the box to check if it's the CRD2 -09 or not. I know it went back to Abyss to get the DPF mode put on it - which I believe (do correct me if I am wrong) was the only difference between the CRD and the CRD2-09?
Many thanks,
Laurence

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Righto Mollygoogle. Thanks for confirming that! Whichever one it is it still works extremely well and totally changes the car - my present 330d genuinly doesn't feel THAT much faster and it has 245bhp!
Cheers,
Laurence

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chaps,
OK, so it looks like I was wrong - it is the CRD box - though it says DT09 on the cable where it comes out of the box. I don't know how to change the title as that is now wrong. Genuine mistake. It will still work on the 150bhp diesel though Scottvxd.
Here's a couple of pics...
Cheers,
20120913_185245.jpg 20120913_185300.jpg

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
Chaps,
OK, so it looks like I was wrong - it is the CRD box - though it says DT09 on the cable where it comes out of the box. I don't know how to change the title as that is now wrong. Genuine mistake. It will still work on the 150bhp diesel though Scottvxd.
Here's a couple of pics...
Cheers,
View attachment 5397 View attachment 5398
I would imagine from the picture that 'DT09' is the manufacturers part number for the black plug it is stamped on and has nothing to do with the loom or box.

so does it work with dpf
Yes, looking at OP's description

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
the description also says crd2 when its a crd
I can understand him making a mistake with the name as there are three similarly named boxes, I doubt he would make a mistake about the DPF software as that is a specific extra on all three of them

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi guys,
Yes it works with the DPF as that is the car that I had - the 08 Astra 1.9 150 (149 CO2 per km I think). The person I bought it from said he had sent it back to Abyss to get the DPF map put on it so there is no paperwork to back it up - but the chap was active on these forums. I can provide his name by PM if anyone needs to check it out! If anyone does know how to change the title to DTUK CRD with DPF please feel free.
Thanks,
Laurence

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
Not doubting that the box you have works with the DPF... but unless it is a TwinTop, then a 1.9 CDTi 150 Astra H does not have a DPF.
I'm assuming that the guy Laurence bought from had a dpf, but Laurence didn't as his was a 5 door. Boxes supplied with the dpf. Also have non-dpf software on there.

Title editted (Y)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys,
Now that it's not the CRD2 the price of £150 would be too high so open to reasonable offers!
Off to the beach for the last of the summer sun :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts