Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

Was really hoping someone within the forum could help me.

I have purchased a Kenwood 405BT DPX double din head unit, which has come with no cables (was bought second hand).

My question to you guys is, can you please tell me all the cables I will need in order to use this head unit. I would also like to use steering controls with this head unit, so it would be most appreciated if you can tell me all the cables needed.

Thanks in advance

Abdul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Harpz,

Thanks for your reply.

Is this the only cable I will need to use the headunit. Will this cable also be used to connect to my steering wheel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again.

Wow didn't realise it would be that expensive to change your headunit and wanting all functionality to work too.

Cheers though

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm looking at doing the same thing. The cost of the adapter looms and facia (Astra H) make buying a cheap 2nd hand radio pointless.
Why buy a £20 radio when the adapters cost £60 ?????

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
The adaptors will cost that much regardless of the price of the headunit so a cheap stereo is still cheaper than a full price one :shrug:

I could understand the logic if a new stereo came with the adaptors included but it doesn't

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got my Sony Stereo for free off my mate and it was fitted in my Vec C. So I can use the surround still (just doesnt have a point but it will do for now as it will fit) just need to buy the connect2 lead still as i want my controls to work.

I never had the booster tho http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-I...oAAOxyYANTbAf7 and had radio signal fine so will i need it this time for the astra?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I eventualy bought a second-hand ebay special Alpine stereo (£50), facia surround (£7), aerial adapter (£4)and connects2 CAN adapter lead (£38). I can't justifty the £150 + for a "Display Ready" Alpine radio or the £80 for the Alpine adapter lead.
Yes, it would be nice to get radio and MP3 names on the BID but an extra £130 - no, I don't think so. Perhaps if the car had a GID or a CID so that I could see the MP3 file structure but wasted on a BID I think.
By the way the connects2 lead is the newer one that allows you to change the clock and access the trip computer. Works well.
It also has a universal patch lead that can be configured to suit a range of radios.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well I eventualy bought a second-hand ebay special Alpine stereo (£50), facia surround (£7), aerial adapter (£4)and connects2 CAN adapter lead (£38). I can't justifty the £150 + for a "Display Ready" Alpine radio or the £80 for the Alpine adapter lead.
Yes, it would be nice to get radio and MP3 names on the BID but an extra £130 - no, I don't think so. Perhaps if the car had a GID or a CID so that I could see the MP3 file structure but wasted on a BID I think.
By the way the connects2 lead is the newer one that allows you to change the clock and access the trip computer. Works well.
It also has a universal patch lead that can be configured to suit a range of radios.
do you have links for the connects2 lead and the aerial adaptor please. Im looking to fit my Sony double din in January but want the leads first! thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just seach eBay for a connects2 CTSVX002.2
Plenty there, check that it's the right one for your car/year/model.
I bought from a dealer called Dynamic Sounds. They list all the bits.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts