Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted the door handle lights it seems simple on the cars. Will the van have the loom for them

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
I've fitted them to my 5 door, didn't have the loom in place, but I just wired them straight to the illumination for the window switch. Easy easy, just cut back a little insulation and soldered (Y)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hang on!?!?! Got the wrong end of the stick here, I already have interior door handle lights, thought these were for outside door handle lights
I shall go back to what I do best..... Doing nothing:look::look:

·
Registered
497 Posts
:lol: There are no external door handle lights made by Vauxhall. It has been known for a small hole to be drilled in the door and a bright LED mounted in his hole to make the handle glow... but needs some balls to drill into your door...
That I do have, and I like a challenge, so which led would be recommended and where would they be wired off to come on when I unlock the car

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
I think if there is no loom there best place for the wires is to tap into the interior light that comes on when you unlock the doors?

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Not sure about what LED to use TBH. I think ibrahmix has done this a few times, so he might be able to advise.

As for wiring it up, piggyback off the interior light as that comes on when you unlock the car or open the door. (Y)
yeah and still doing it :lol:

have so far fitted to vw corrado,mk2 golf,honda accords,civics,astra mk4s and mk5s,audis,zaffy,corsa and got to fit it on a q7 and a q5 for a mate at work :lol:

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
yeah and still doing it :lol:

have so far fitted to vw corrado,mk2 golf,honda accords,civics,astra mk4s and mk5s,audis,zaffy,corsa and got to fit it on a q7 and a q5 for a mate at work :lol:
Think I will have another thing for you to do for me :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts