Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the car into a local dealer yesterday, had a few problems recently with an interior light remaining on when it shouldn't - simple job i was told, the part was ordered and fixed as per the schedule.:thumbs:

Now car detailing and trying out various products is a big hobby of mine - and spent 13 hours on the SRI at the weekend giving it the full works - went into the dealers yesterday morning wearing a nice Zaino / Dodo supernatural / Dodo red mist combo....:cool:

I've used this particular dealer before, and made it quite clear under no circumstances that the car should be touched paintwork wise - all agreed.

Didn't mention this yesterday, as afterall - it was only a quick interior light jobby what was being looked at.

Well...

Picked the car up at 5.30, and was looking well - and noticed that the pentas were in absolute perfect condition - even the inners had been cleaned.
No brake dust was showing whatsoever, which seemed odd as i had just driven 35 miles??
Hmm.

Went to the desk to sign off the work done, and was greeted by "Thanks for your custom Mr BladesLad - as well as the prescribed work, we carried out a complimentary quick detail on your car"

ARRGH!:mad::':)o:(

Asked what was used, etc, and that it didnt need it as it was 'clean'...to be met with..

"We noticed the car only had a thin layer of dust on it, so our in house detailer gave it a quick snowfoam blast and dried it with some quick detailer, and we gave the Pentas a quick wipe down. Hope this is ok sir":|

I just muttered something along the line of 'Thanks', and left.:wave:

Astounded.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
sorry are you complaining about them detailing your car?

or u were complaining until u seen the awsome job

or summit im a bit lsot

2 many smilies

·
40,693 Posts
I think he's getting at the fact that he's spent loads of time and effort using great products and correct methods and then the garage people who washed his car have just hosed it down and probably used a dirty rag to wipe it all down with!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think he's getting at the fact that he's spent loads of time and effort using great products and correct methods and then the garage people who washed his car have just hosed it down and probably used a dirty rag to wipe it all down with!

The thing is mate, i dont think they have - it does seem in as good a condition as before it went in - had the 'sun-gun' out last night and not a swirl visible!

Just shocked at them using snowfoam, not actually 'touching' the car as such, using quick detailer, and seemingly taking care in general (cleaning the inner of the pentas!):confused:

·
40,693 Posts
I must admit, it's very unusual. Although the ones I have seen use just bloomin' dirty rags etc.

You might have just got lucky and got a garage who has a valetar who knows what they are doing (Y)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Sounds like they have got a good valetar there. I've had cars back in the past that have supposed to have been clean and have been more streaky than bacon. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts