Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to work this morning and although I swear I made it past the stop line while it was still amber it was a close one, and who's waiting at the front of the other set of lets (which they say turned green while I flew through the junction) yep you guessed it.

Looking back it was my fault and I shouldnt have risked it and no point arguing as its 2 cops versus me and you wont win, so i've got my first ever FPN of 3points and £60, just need to take it on the chin and be more careful in future (or at least check the cops aren't using the same junction you try and boost through)

Anybody got any idea how insurance co's likely to react as thats the only thing really worrying me, been driving 12 years with no prior convictions, insurer is Elephant been with them about 5yrs, offence is noted as 305.005 not obeying red traffic light.

·
40,693 Posts
Can I just say it's great to see your attitude (Y)

Sorry, I'm not sure of how conviction codes affect the insurance.

·
15,092 Posts
I don't think this will be a fixed thing, just an extra factor weighted in to your insurance. With your previous record I wouldn't think it will make any difference.

But you should absolutely tell them as soon as, no point in hiding it.
You don't want to be in a situation where they could refuse covering an accident.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sure will, probably sort it all out tomorrow as technically the points aren't there yet until I take it to the place you need to go and get them along with some dosh :-(

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
do u remember the policemans names

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Sorry to hear this, but as mickie said nice to hear someone beinghonest and taking it on the chin, lets face it i'm sure we have all pushed it quite close before at traffic lights in the past. would it be worth going on elephant site and getting a new quote under a different name with the offence?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I went through the same kinda thing earlier in the year bud, and I feel your pain. I'm led to believe that a vast majority of insurers tend to discard the 1st three points depending on the offence. As long as its not a serious traffic offence like drink driving, or excessive speeding then I imagine you'll be fine. Premiums should stay the same, but a further 3 points should see your premium increase.

I called RAC insurance and was given the above info! hope it helps mate

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do u remember the policemans names
Dont think they were given

Ive got G931/Helen Street for that on the ticket but thats it.

Happened coming off the [email protected] Paisley rd west just at Harry Ramsdens mate.

I dont think much will happen, others are telling me once is considered pretty minor for an SP30/TS10 these days and they will only start worrying if you get any more.

Just a bit annoyed at my first ever points but I suppose it happens to most of us sometime.

·
Registered
585 Posts
As someone said above its just an extra factor they take into account, there isn't a fixed % they add to your premium. Should take into account licence held, claims etc too, well thats how it works for the company I work for ;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Havent ever claimed so im in as good a place as you could be, I dont think it will be bad and may get away with no increase, will call them later.

Just annoys me that if it was a camera I would of probably got away with it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I got done in 2005 for a traffic light offence, received £60 fine and 3 points.

The conviction code was TS10 and it hardly made a difference to the premium, so I wouldn't worry too much about the Insurance just remember to tell them at renewal.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
w8 until u get a PC30 then you will feel the unjust of 3 point on ur licence

I lost my licence for a PC30

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Common tragffic light offences (TS10's) rate the same as common speeding offences (SP30's). I'd say average increase usually around £30-40 for a low risk customer, with good amount of driving exp, no claims etc.

Useful tip though -

Although you have to tell them now, they can't charge you for it yet. Not if you received the conviction mid term on your policy. They are only allowed to start rating on it at next years renewal.

Then just make sure you shop around at renewal. Now that you're details have changed, chances are that insurer wont be the best anymore. :)

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
w8 until u get a PC30 then you will feel the unjust of 3 point on ur licence

I lost my licence for a PC30
unjust are you saying its unfair to get three points? dont get me wrong like i said we have all cut it close but when you think about it its just as dangerous as other offences which carry 3 points dont ya think?

guessin you already had points when you lost it previous to that offence?

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
know the junction, they sit there quite often mate need to watch :(

good to see youve taken it on the chin though :) thankfully im still clean :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts